C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 12:00 PM
rtroendle
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 stuck in park

05 C6 Automatic sometimes won't shift out of park. I am told it is the shift solenoid in the console. Any thoughts or advice on replacing the solenoid or experience with this problem?
I looked on You Tube for a video on replacing the solenoid but not much luck in finding what I need.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2015, 02:09 PM
wacker
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by rtroendle
05 C6 Automatic sometimes won't shift out of park. I am told it is the shift solenoid in the console. Any thoughts or advice on replacing the solenoid or experience with this problem?
I looked on You Tube for a video on replacing the solenoid but not much luck in finding what I need.
Thanks in advance!
I had that problem. Check with the dealer I believe there was a recall on that. But if you put the car in accessory mode you can put it into nuetral and then start it and drive away
Old 04-11-2015, 08:24 PM
DEE_Vette
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks in advance!
I believe they sell a by pass for shift lock on 05s...
http://www.corvetteworldparts.com/20...ck-eliminator/

Last edited by DEE_Vette; 04-11-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:29 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks in advance!
First your not the first to have this problem. Second there is no recall for this problem. Third the repair I believe and depends on dealership, start with $500.00 and up.
Now if you are mechanically inclined here is link with pictures you can do to fix the problem permanently so it will never happen again.
Here is post step by step.
Scroll though all the pages, and pay attention to page 3 and 4.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...with-pics.html

If by any chance you have extended warranty still on the car, all you pay is deductible.

Last edited by 1bdvet; 04-12-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:55 AM
rtroendle
4th Gear

Wow what great responses! Thanks to all!
I checked for a recall and there is none.
Read the link to the previous thread addressing this problem and will attempt the wire tie back fix when I get a couple hours.
Will update this thread and let you know how I make out!
THANKS!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:37 AM
wacker
Heel & Toe

Wow what great responses! Thanks to all!
I checked for a recall and there is none.
Read the link to the previous thread addressing this problem and will attempt the wire tie back fix when I get a couple hours.
Will update this thread and let you know how I make out!
THANKS!
Sorry about saying there was a recall. I really didn't remember. All I do know is that my dealer replaced it at no charge to me..Good luck
Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by wacker
Sorry about saying there was a recall. I really didn't remember. All I do know is that my dealer replaced it at no charge to me..Good luck
Your dealer replaced the entire shifter with the same solenoid built into it. The solenoid is not replaceable on its own. That's why its very expensive to fix at the dealer if the warranty is expired.
HERE is a thread I started a while back when I "fixed" mine.

Last edited by EVRose; 04-13-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:00 PM
wacker
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by EVRose
Your dealer replaced the entire shifter with the same solenoid built into it. The solenoid is not replaceable on its own. That's why its very expensive to fix at the dealer if the warranty is expired.
HERE is a thread I started a while back when I "fixed" mine.
I bought the car used at a Chevy dealership. After about 3 weeks I was having the problem of not getting it out of park. I mentioned it to the service writer while I was in for a oil change. He told me it was covered by the 3 month warranty. So I made a appointment for them to fix it. When I went to pick it up they told me it was 583.00. I told them what the service writer told me. They charged me nothing..

Get notified of new replies

To C6 stuck in park

Quick Reply: C6 stuck in park