C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 GS vert need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 PM
school tester 1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2013 GS vert need help

The top closes hard, hard enough to make the rear view mirror move a few inches down. Dealer replaced two front hydrolic cylinders and bleed system, it did not fix problem. They just replaced the pump/manifold system and all new o rings, bled system and still the top hits the top of the windshield very hard. They do not know what else to do. Does anybody have a fix for this?
Thanks
Old 04-24-2015, 01:42 PM
school tester 1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by school tester 1
The top closes hard, hard enough to make the rear view mirror move a few inches down. Dealer replaced two front hydrolic cylinders and bleed system, it did not fix problem. They just replaced the pump/manifold system and all new o rings, bled system and still the top hits the top of the windshield very hard. They do not know what else to do. Does anybody have a fix for this?
Thanks
ttt
Old 04-24-2015, 05:40 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I think that the #1 bow coming down hard is a result of having a nice tight top. Mine comes down fairly hard but doesn't have any negative effect. It may be that your rearview mirror is looser than it should be. If it were me, I would just reach up and slow the top down a bit with my hand as it comes down on the windshield...keeping the hand out from between the two.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:21 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Yes, I believe it's in the Owners Manual. Do not let the top drop down to the windshield header unassisted. In other words, stop it just before at about 3 or 4 inches, and then with the motor going hold it up so it's a "soft landing." It's the way I've been doing it for seven years.

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 GS vert need help

Quick Reply: 2013 GS vert need help