C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I change the color of the radio display lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Guard Dad
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 191 Posts

Default Can I change the color of the radio display lights?

I've got a 2011 GS 3LT Bose non navigation and I'd like to selectively dim or even better yet, change the color of the radio and AC display.

Could be just me but I find the display too bright at night and I'm wondering if it might be possible to dim the display of maybe even change the color to red.

Any information on the lighting of the display and/or changing the color would be much appreciated.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:01 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

I suppose if you're good with a soldering iron you could absolutely change the colors.

I don't have any info about what's inside but I'm sure it would be possible once you cracked it open.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Guard Dad
Drifting

Yea, I was kind of hoping that some intrepid adventurer had already cracked the case or perhaps someone had identified the wire in the harnes the powers the ilumination LEDs so that I could add a resistor to dim them to some degree that was more acceptable.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:40 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

this is a "tech and preformance" question?
Old 04-29-2015, 09:07 PM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't know if the Nav-equipped units are different--don't know why they would be since the display colors are a function controlled from the radio screen--but on my 3LT I can go into the menu on the radio and change both the screen color (red/blue/green/violet) and the brightness. If you can't find this info in your OM, I'll wander out tomorrow and see if I can document the process for you.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Guard Dad
Drifting

Originally Posted by icntdrv55
Don't know if the Nav-equipped units are different--don't know why they would be since the display colors are a function controlled from the radio screen--but on my 3LT I can go into the menu on the radio and change both the screen color (red/blue/green/violet) and the brightness. If you can't find this info in your OM, I'll wander out tomorrow and see if I can document the process for you.
I'll have to check in the owners manual but I don't think I can change the color of the display on my non-nav unit. The GS is at the dealer having the headlight ground wire recall done so I won't be able to follow up till tomorrow.

Get notified of new replies

To Can I change the color of the radio display lights?

Quick Reply: Can I change the color of the radio display lights?