C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wobble at 80+?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 11:08 PM
JSBVette513
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wobble at 80+?

I get a very good wobble especially in the steering wheel at 80mph +. Now I have had an alignment done, its fine, yet still a wobble. I did notice today as I was backing up and turning the wheel, I had a pretty noticeable pop come from the front end. I was thinking, control arm bushing, maybe a front radius rod bushing... Would love some feedback. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Dial In Corvette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JSBVette513
I get a very good wobble especially in the steering wheel at 80mph +. Now I have had an alignment done, its fine, yet still a wobble. I did notice today as I was backing up and turning the wheel, I had a pretty noticeable pop come from the front end. I was thinking, control arm bushing, maybe a front radius rod bushing... Would love some feedback. Thanks!
Just went thru this with my 11 GS purchase. GM did not finish tightening the tie rod nuts on my car(barely snug). I tightened the front tie rods and my steering wheel shake is gone. I did the road force stuff with little help prior. You will need an 18mm wrench and an allen(don't remember the size.) This is the first thing to do in my opinion!!

Gary

Quick Reply: Wobble at 80+?