C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam package help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 01:13 AM
Dots403
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cam package help

Hey guys im rather new to the ls scene, I'm interested in doing a mild/almost aggressive cam something where I can go about 30k on spring changes what would be recommended for an ls3 car I'm mostly looking for top end power I've seen the ms3 cam and so far it's what I'm leaning towards, my question is what all is needed for a cam swap besides Springs pushrods and lifter trays? Sorry for the super newbie question I would just like to have the proper advice and do it right the first time.

Last edited by Dots403; 04-25-2015 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:36 AM
JakeC6Racing
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dots403
Hey guys im rather new to the ls scene, I'm interested in doing a mild/almost aggressive cam something where I can go about 30k on spring changes what would be recommended for an ls3 car I'm mostly looking for top end power I've seen the ms3 cam and so far it's what I'm leaning towards, my question is what all is needed for a cam swap besides Springs pushrods and lifter trays? Sorry for the super newbie question I would just like to have the proper advice and do it right the first time.
I'm doing a cam swap next week and I'm going with the following:
- Spinmonster cam
- Valve springs
- Push rods
- c5r timing chain
- ATI harmonic balancer
- all bolts gaskets and seals

I'll also be putting on Kooks 1 7/8 headers and catted x at the same time
Old 04-25-2015, 10:24 AM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

I also did the Comp Trunion upgrade and an ATI balancer.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:36 PM
LD85
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If the Damper is not pinned, you would want to do that, and many find that the stock damper has issues with wobble eventually, so I will replace mine on my LS2, not sure if LS3 had issues or not

Rockers Trunnions are a good idea on LS2, you might consider them if the Forum search lists issues and the C5R Timing chain, pretty much what the others have said

I'm on the fence for a 233/239 .595"/.603" lift cam swap,

Get notified of new replies

To Cam package help

Quick Reply: Cam package help