C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Competitive mode time out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:07 AM
daflyinskwirl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competitive mode time out?

hey guys I have a question

I sometimes drive with competitive mode activated in my C6. Trying to learn the limits of my new RE-11 tires and I noticed something strange

when I turn trac off, the light on my dash illuminates, and trac is indeed off indefinitely (until i turn it back on)

when I place the car in competitive mode, after a while it will go back to default mode (trac on, AH on). The light on my dash is NOT illuminated when in competitive mode (I like this) and when my dash logic isn't plugged in, it'll tell me in the DIC that I'm in competition mode.

however, like I said, the car will default back to trac on AH on and I don't know until the nannies kick in when I try to launch the car.

Is this a normal function? Does Comp mode have a time-out function to go back to normal mode?

thanks for any help guys.

btw I'm well aware of the difference in the modes I'm just wondering why Comp mode turns off by itself.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:30 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Never heard anyone mention it. I can't say for sure but sounds like you might have a problem in the system. See what others say in the next couple days though.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:31 PM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you turn off the car, the computer will default to TC and AH On.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Wampa
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Couple things are odd. The yellow trac light stays illuminated on mine when in comp mode (or anything other than everything on). Also, I've driven for hours with it on and never had it revert back by itself. As stated above, all the nannies default to on every time the car is started.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:17 AM
JaimeVrod
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. My yellow track light on the dash also stays on when any of the.TC or AH nannies are turned off, including when in competitive driving mode.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:16 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Mine the light stays on in traction control off/everything off modes....but in competitive driving mode the light goes off....? System only goes back to fully on nannies when car is shut off a restarted.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:06 PM
daflyinskwirl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Mine the light stays on in traction control off/everything off modes....but in competitive driving mode the light goes off....? System only goes back to fully on nannies when car is shut off a restarted.
my coworker has an 09 and his light also stays illuminated when in comp mode. mine turns off.

mine's an 06. I wonder if it's a calibration specific thing given the year. I'm 99% sure when I shut everything off (danger will robinson mode) the trac light illuminates again. is yours an 06 as well?

I've had two separate occasions when I was SURE that I put the car in comp mode (still learning the ropes with RWD and need the trac off in order to do it) and when I went to launch the car traction control kicked in due to wheel spin.

I did a test the other day where I put the car in comp mode for 30 minutes during my drive home and it stayed off the entire time. I might test it on the commute to work tomorrow and see what happens.

Get notified of new replies

To Competitive mode time out?

Quick Reply: Competitive mode time out?