C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Z06slow
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 z06

Bought my first z06 last week and snapped my first axle , I have been researching on if I should get higher rated HP/torque axles rated for 750 or above planning to build car NA in long run. The issue I'm having is I noticed from reading online that these axles are comparable to sheer bolts on a snow blower that if anything should to break it would be the axles first to prevent trains damage????. if I get higher rated axles I'm worried that the trans might take a crap before the axles do. Can anyone chime on on this , what would be your reccomendations be and why , thanks a lot so far car has been a blast.
And are their shops/stores that sell axle rebuild parts , and I don't mean a regular cv boot grease and clap kit I mean the whole package
Thanks again
-Ap
Old 05-22-2015, 05:12 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 776 Likes on 505 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Z06slow
Bought my first z06 last week and snapped my first axle , I have been researching on if I should get higher rated HP/torque axles rated for 750 or above planning to build car NA in long run. The issue I'm having is I noticed from reading online that these axles are comparable to sheer bolts on a snow blower that if anything should to break it would be the axles first to prevent trains damage????. if I get higher rated axles I'm worried that the trans might take a crap before the axles do. Can anyone chime on on this , what would be your reccomendations be and why , thanks a lot so far car has been a blast.
And are their shops/stores that sell axle rebuild parts , and I don't mean a regular cv boot grease and clap kit I mean the whole package
Thanks again
-Ap
Whatever you do, DON'T buy upgraded ones from Gforce. I bought a set and they started coming apart after only a few trips to the track.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:34 PM
PA_BLUE_C6
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'12, '15

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
Whatever you do, DON'T buy upgraded ones from Gforce. I bought a set and they started coming apart after only a few trips to the track.
Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-22-2015, 07:39 PM
Z06slow
Heel & Toe

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans

I was going to actually buy them today but I didn't get any response from anyone so I just bought a used axle from a totaled z06 it was hit in front with only 7k miles so I hope it's issue free, any advice on what I should look towards upgrading too, I know what my mistake was I left trac control on and when 3rd gear hooked it blew up the axle all over the road
Old 05-23-2015, 01:03 AM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 776 Likes on 505 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Z06slow
I was going to actually buy them today but I didn't get any response from anyone so I just bought a used axle from a totaled z06 it was hit in front with only 7k miles so I hope it's issue free, any advice on what I should look towards upgrading too, I know what my mistake was I left trac control on and when 3rd gear hooked it blew up the axle all over the road
The stock ones are surprisingly strong and the only reason I upgraded mine was because of some d**chebag at the track that went after me with a vengeance to have my car classified as being illegal per NHRA rules.

Other than that, the only one I ever snapped with the original stock one one the right side and that was after at least 3000 low 10 second passes and 91K street miles. Now granted I'm only launching the car at only 2000RPM, but I'm making pretty decent horsepower and usually got mid 1.3 60ft times.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:32 AM
Z06slow
Heel & Toe

Default I'm borrowing this from one of the members on here

Found this very interesting
Could it be true: what the Most hp/tq I can get out of these axles , I know my mistake was traction control was left on :

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 z06

Quick Reply: 2006 z06