C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will it fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 04:36 PM
budmont
Drifting

Location: hamilton nj "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will it fit?

I've got a 09 with A6 trans and I'm looking to swap the differential to 3:42 gears. I want to buy a new unit out right and found a two sites the list them for sale. Both site indicate that a 09 A6 needs to use a Z06 diff part 24238614. When you look up the part number comes back to a 06-08 Z06. Does anyone know if this info is right or what diff will work in my 09 A6?

Thanks!!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:14 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 776 Likes on 505 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by budmont
I've got a 09 with A6 trans and I'm looking to swap the differential to 3:42 gears. I want to buy a new unit out right and found a two sites the list them for sale. Both site indicate that a 09 A6 needs to use a Z06 diff part 24238614. When you look up the part number comes back to a 06-08 Z06. Does anyone know if this info is right or what diff will work in my 09 A6?

Thanks!!
Yeah, it's a direct bolt in. If it doesn't come with the external cooler lines you'll need to buy those too, or else buy a conversion kit from Zip Corvette to eliminate the cooler.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 PM
budmont
Drifting

Location: hamilton nj "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
Yeah, it's a direct bolt in. If it doesn't come with the external cooler lines you'll need to buy those too, or else buy a conversion kit from Zip Corvette to eliminate the cooler.
Thanks for that info, puts my mind at ease!!
Old 05-26-2015, 10:47 AM
budmont
Drifting

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
I did a 3:42 swap in my C5 A4 and needed an automatic differential adapter between the trans and differential. Does this swap require the differential adapter like the c5/A4?
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Will it fit?

Quick Reply: Will it fit?