C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duel exhaust mode intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 09:51 PM
bobnjudy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Duel exhaust mode intermittent

The duel exhaust mode on my Z06 is cutting in while I am cruising at 1500rpm. It will intermittantly switch between modes while at a constant rpm. I changed the fuse just to be sure it was not that. Does anyone have experience dealing with this problem?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:27 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak. If it loses vacuum the valves open. Start at the canisters on the mufflers and work forward. Most find the leak before the hose disappears into the tunnel but some have had to go into the tunnel.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:28 AM
bobnjudy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK thanks, I will check that out.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:22 AM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Originally Posted by bobnjudy
The duel exhaust mode on my Z06 is cutting in while I am cruising at 1500rpm. It will intermittantly switch between modes while at a constant rpm. I changed the fuse just to be sure it was not that. Does anyone have experience dealing with this problem?
When you say "switch between modes", does the car get slightly louder or are the mufflers fully opening....ie if you had a "Mild to Wild" switch it would be like running in "Wild"?

If they're just slightly opening and closing and it seems rpm dependent, then a vacuum leak as Rick suggested is certainly possible. If they are going "full open" and then back to full closed again, I would check the vacuum solenoid. The connector may be loose or it may be going bad. As I recall, the solenoid is behind the passenger tail lights mounted on the bumper bar. Should have a flexible/rubbery cover over it.

Get notified of new replies

To Duel exhaust mode intermittent

Quick Reply: Duel exhaust mode intermittent