C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for an explanation...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:48 PM
steelfox
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an explanation...

Hello all. Im in the process of building a 402 stroker and am having some trouble deciding on a cam. I was originally going to go with brian tooley custom cam after i heard so many great reviews with him. But... I used to own a ls2 gto and I put the vengeance racing vrx5 cam in that with some milled tfs 225 heads. and just because I was curious looked up 402 builds with the vrx5 and lo and behold I am finding excellent power numbers on an off the shelf cam. Regardless of whether they are just numbers or not id like to make in the 520 to 530 range now and keep it reasonably drive-able and reliable. Please dont misunderstand this post as thinking the VR cam is better than any custom cam brian tooley can make I just wanted to have a conversation with someone that has more experience than I do in the area.

My ls2 will be a 402 stroker it has stage 3 ported dart pro 1 heads(not milled) I also have a fast intake on the car, I believe its a 92mm I bought the car with it on it. Thanks in advance yall!

Quick Reply: Looking for an explanation...