C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Z06 Two Step? Clutch Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 63 Posts
Default 2006 Z06 Two Step? Clutch Switch?

I have a 2006 Z06 with a LNC2000 that I use for my nitrous. The LNC2000 also has a "two step" feature that can be activate by GROUND or + signal. Is the 2006 Z06 CLUTCH SWITCH a rising voltage switch or is it closed circuit switch? I would like to know if the switch provides either an on or off signal and if it does do you know the polarity? I would like to use the two step off of my clutch switch without adding any extra switches.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:04 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Denis_C6-Z
I have a 2006 Z06 with a LNC2000 that I use for my nitrous. The LNC2000 also has a "two step" feature that can be activate by GROUND or + signal. Is the 2006 Z06 CLUTCH SWITCH a rising voltage switch or is it closed circuit switch? I would like to know if the switch provides either an on or off signal and if it does do you know the polarity? I would like to use the two step off of my clutch switch without adding any extra switches.
I too have an LNC 2000 for my nitrous. I was told by several people not to attempt to use this feature with the nitrous because of the fuel puddling. I could be wrong but be careful...
Old 05-31-2015, 06:21 PM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I wired my buddies up to the clutch peddle switch. Its a 12 volt so if I remember correctly go to the wire that doesnt see a constant 12 volts. Double check it with a multi meter.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

I checked today and it is just a basic ON/OFF switch. I have the option to do either positive or ground on my LNC2000 so I will hook it up sometime this week.

I don't see it being a nitrous issue as I am not spraying nitrous that low in the RPM and my TPS activation will be set to 95% or higher so in between shift's it shouldn't be an issue, should be a 10 minute job so if it works great, if not no big deal.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Well I hooked up my LNC2000 to my clutch switch, works good BUT whenever I shift above the set TWO STEP RPM the car back fires/pops. What could I do to only allow the two step feature to work on launches? I was thinking of a momentary switch but I would like to keep my hands on the wheel and shifter at all times if possible. Any ideas?
Old 06-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

There are two steps made for our cars that work like you want them to work - which is, clutch in, engage the two step, floor the throttle, it holds at the preset RPM and then goes to WOT the instant you let the clutch up from the floor.

I've seen several rear ends break in the first track outing using them as well. When you let the clutch pedal up the car is gonna rev to the moon and you better be moving that pedal at just the right speed, not too slow and not too fast.

I've learned to do this fancy footwork with my feet, I think it's safer and I have 497 passes on my OE clutch and only one broken rear at pass 301 to support my position that the two step isn't a good idea on a Vette with an aluminum rear end.

p.s. I do floor my car as the lights come down and I'm at WOT before I start letting the clutch out, but it's a very smooth, timed from years of practice, motion.

Gary2004Z06 has one and he uses it for bracket racing, if you are really serious about using one, PM him for his advice. He does not use it when going for a record run.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Z06 Two Step? Clutch Switch?

Quick Reply: 2006 Z06 Two Step? Clutch Switch?