C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Steel Headers Made In USA for Under $800 Shipped @ Hinson Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:24 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Bump.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:43 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Here you go guys/girls. Notice the cradle bolts were never loosened in the video in order to install these headers. They just slip right up into place.

C6 Header Install, Sound, & Burnout Video.

Last edited by HinsonSuperCars; 08-04-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

I see the price is increasing also.........I guess it won't be cost competitive for me by the time the 2013 models arrive. :-(
Old 07-09-2015, 04:41 PM
R_W
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I'm guessing the "Z06 Edition" headers will fit the C6 Grand Sport w/6spd manual. Correct?

Also, will the Elite Engineering header tunnel plate fit?
The plate is 1/4" thick, and some people have had clearance issues with after market headers, even more so when they add in the thermal overlay pad.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:50 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Speedforhire
I see the price is increasing also.........I guess it won't be cost competitive for me by the time the 2013 models arrive. :-(
We ran a promotional price for the first few weeks they were out. The price displayed now is where we plan to stay.

Originally Posted by R_W
I'm guessing the "Z06 Edition" headers will fit the C6 Grand Sport w/6spd manual. Correct?

The plate is 1/4" thick, and some people have had clearance issues with after market headers, even more so when they add in the thermal overlay pad.
If you have a GS you will need the setup coming out in about a month or so. I'm not sure if it will work with the Elite engineering plate, because we do not sell their products, therefore it has not been tested with it.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:47 AM
That_White_C6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just finished installing these. Car sounds great. I was a Guinnea pig so to speak (out of my own pocket of course) i have not had the car tuned yet we litterally just finished the install..

If your looking for a set of brand new headers I can't imagine there being any better value than this. The ceramic coating is what really and truly made me click that buy it now button without hesitation.

I had a couple of issues along the way but Hinson has assured me they will take care of them for me. And it was entirely related to shipping not the product.

Fitment was OK... There was no rubbing and the headers slid right in just like the video. My only complaint was the xpipe slip fit. It's connection was a total bear! Otherwise everything fits perfectly and my tail pipes now line up better than they did with stock parts. Very satisfied.

Sound is great! I've only idled it a couple times to break in the coating but it made my exhaust note come to life. The sound is now deeper and much throatier as a corvette should sound. It added a ton of drone but I think that's to be expected with headers.

Power is yet to be determined but again I can't imagine it making any more or less power than any other set of headers on the market.

Bottom Line:
I would buy these headers again if I sold my car and got another Z06

Last edited by That_White_C6; 07-18-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by That_White_C6
I just finished installing these. Car sounds great. I was a Guinnea pig so to speak (out of my own pocket of course) i have not had the car tuned yet we litterally just finished the install..

If your looking for a set of brand new headers I can't imagine there being any better value than this. The ceramic coating is what really and truly made me click that buy it now button without hesitation.

I had a couple of issues along the way but Hinson has assured me they will take care of them for me. And it was entirely related to shipping not the product.

Fitment was OK... There was no rubbing and the headers slid right in just like the video. My only complaint was the xpipe slip fit. It's connection was a total bear! Otherwise everything fits perfectly and my tail pipes now line up better than they did with stock parts. Very satisfied.

Sound is great! I've only idled it a couple times to break in the coating but it made my exhaust note come to life. The sound is now deeper and much throatier as a corvette should sound. It added a ton of drone but I think that's to be expected with headers.

Power is yet to be determined but again I can't imagine it making any more or less power than any other set of headers on the market.

Bottom Line:
I would buy these headers again if I sold my car and got another Z06
We love seeing this feedback! Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts. We know lots of customers are curious, and those new customers are looking for feedback like this.

The X-pipe is tough to line up. That is the primary reason we suggest using a lift. With the help of a third hand, you can usually get them on pretty quick. We have stopped coating the end of the collector where the X-pipe slides over. The thickness of the coating was making the tolerances tighter here. The X-pipe above this portion is still being coated.

We appreciate the feedback! Heat cycle the coating and get some tuning done. We know that you're going to love the new power.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:01 AM
LeibosVette
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by R_W

Curious about this too. The Elite Engineering plate is thicker and there is the option of a heat blanket from them as well. Hinson is listing a heat blanket for the same location as a potential add on to the purchase of this system.

I understand you can not test every other vendors product with yours. However, can you tell if the clearances would appear to be an issue? 1/4" should not matter unless these are tucked up much higher. On cars that use your heat blanket and your x-pipe what sort of clearance is present?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:53 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LeibosVette
Curious about this too. The Elite Engineering plate is thicker and there is the option of a heat blanket from them as well. Hinson is listing a heat blanket for the same location as a potential add on to the purchase of this system.

I understand you can not test every other vendors product with yours. However, can you tell if the clearances would appear to be an issue? 1/4" should not matter unless these are tucked up much higher. On cars that use your heat blanket and your x-pipe what sort of clearance is present?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.
Using these with the Elite plate and heat shield shouldn't be an issue.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:45 PM
R_W
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by HinsonSuperCars
Using these with the Elite plate and heat shield shouldn't be an issue.
Good to know

Maybe I missed it in any of the other threads, but what is the inner diameter of the X-pipe for the base C6 vs Z06 versions (or is there even a difference)?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found this post to quote "The "X-Pipe" does not reduce. This is a full 3" system until it makes the connection to the stock axle back, where there on the end it reduces."
So the entire piping is 3" all the way to the axle-back.
The plan is to mate this to the Corsa Z06 Sport axle-back, which is also 3" piping to the exit. No bottlenecks.

Last edited by R_W; 07-26-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by R_W
Good to know

Maybe I missed it in any of the other threads, but what is the inner diameter of the X-pipe for the base C6 vs Z06 versions (or is there even a difference)?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found this post to quote "The "X-Pipe" does not reduce. This is a full 3" system until it makes the connection to the stock axle back, where there on the end it reduces."
So the entire piping is 3" all the way to the axle-back.
The plan is to mate this to the Corsa Z06 Sport axle-back, which is also 3" piping to the exit. No bottlenecks.
Sounds like a good plan.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:58 AM
cstapp99
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Default 09+ headers

How close are you guys to releasing the header/x-pipe system for the 09+ base cars?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Sboskov
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When should you guys have a package out for the Grand Sport (2012 m6 Dry Sump)?

Ive read in the post that you plan on having one in a few months but do you have a date set for sure?

Also, how will this set up line up with the corsa exhausts, should there be any complications?

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-04-2015, 12:06 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cstapp99
How close are you guys to releasing the header/x-pipe system for the 09+ base cars?

Thanks
We have the prototypes made and have been tested on our trial cars. It's basically going to come down to production run time. We are working with our manufacturing facility to get a production run scheduled.

Originally Posted by Sboskov
When should you guys have a package out for the Grand Sport (2012 m6 Dry Sump)?

Ive read in the post that you plan on having one in a few months but do you have a date set for sure?

Also, how will this set up line up with the corsa exhausts, should there be any complications?

Thanks for the info!
the time frame for these is the same for the above statements. Our system is designed to work with the GM axleback system, so if you were able to bolt your system to your GM midpipe section our header system will work. Note: the slip fit connection and its location in the original post pictures.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:10 PM
slicknick426
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not happy

i dont know if i got a bad batch, but mine had bad fitment. the x pipe is making contact with the tunnel on the passenger side. it rattles and my 02 also didint fit, i had to cut into the heat shield for my passenger 02 to fit. pretty frustrating
Old 08-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Dreams190
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the process of installing a set right now on an 04 Z16. Primaries fit incredibly easy! Passenger side went in from the top no problem. Driver side probably could have, but I put that one in from the bottom. The slip joints on the X-pipe gave me quite the struggle for awhile! Couldn't get it to go further than halfway on. Pulled it off and used a thin coat of bearing grease and it all slid together extremely nicely after that!

So far, so good...

Edit - just realized this was in the C6 section. Oh well... Lol

Last edited by Dreams190; 08-12-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Stainless Steel Headers Made In USA for Under $800 Shipped @ Hinson Motorsports