C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 z51 oil line to radiator*HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:59 PM
darbydarby
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 z51 oil line to radiator*HELP*

Three of the other lines going to the radiator pushed and c clipped right in... The oil line looked to go in, got the clip on and blows oil. We retried it several times and got the same result.

Is there possibly an o ring that goes in there that could have been knocked out? It's locked on properly because once we out the c clip on it won't pull out but still blows oil.

We are giving up for the day.... Any advice would be appreciated.

( it's the top left silver connected piece in the picture)

Last question, does it thread in? If we could take it loose maybe it would help us see what the issue is...the piece that I'm asking about threading is the part attached to the radiator, it almost looks like it threads in but I don't want to try and break anything if it's not suppose to go anywhere.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2015, 08:10 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

There should be an o ring.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:19 PM
darbydarby
Advanced

Thanks !
Does the piece it connect to thread off? That would make life a lot easier to get the proper or ring on.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:25 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You have a part that threads into the radiator and then the steel line goes into the part threaded into the radiator and the clip stops it from coming out. If memory serves me correctly, the O ring is inside the part the clip goes into.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:03 PM
darbydarby
Advanced

Ok cool I was just seeing if I could unthread it... That would makes it easier to check for the o ring and put the proper one in there
Old 06-29-2018, 06:25 AM
locosmith
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wanted to add that putting in an oring into the radiator oil line connector was difficult for me because all of my harbor freight oring kits had orings that were too thick for the 1/2" engine oil cooler connector. On my 3/8" transmission oil line connector I did find a proper oring though. The local Chevy dealer didn't have that part, just the radiator. Go figure.

Luckily I found a 1/2" oil line connector from Napa Auto Parts part #: NOE 7305043 that looks exactly like the one on my radiator; other auto stores had 1/2" oil line connectors but they were missing the crush washer; I don't know if you can just add a crush washer on that part, the crush washer looked odd, I prefer to get parts that look identical. Napa also had the 3/8" oil line connector for the radiator but I think it had no crush washer.

Anyways $24 later I was back on the road.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 z51 oil line to radiator*HELP*

Quick Reply: 2005 z51 oil line to radiator*HELP*