C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Gauge Pod

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Chokeu
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dual Gauge Pod

Who makes the best fitting A-Pillar dual or triple gauge pod and has the best price? I've got an 05 ragtop. Waiting for my ECS kit to arrive and want to throw in a boost gauge and A/F gauge and possibly a fuel pressure. Anyone have one in right now....pics? Thx in advance!

Last edited by Chokeu; 07-04-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:56 PM
zali0104
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It is your car, and ultimately it's your decision but here's my two cents.
Why make your car look like a honda? Banging your head on gauges every time you get in and out. Unless your'e looking for attention, I would suggest something significantly cheaper, less intrusive and best of all less honda.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

Plugs into your obd2 connector and is configurable to display any gauges you want to see. no need to mount sensors. plug in and up running. Built in audible alarms etc.

Last edited by zali0104; 07-04-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

The more the rag top looks OEM inside, then less likely someone is going to break into it to steal items out of it.

Myself, on a rag top, would either DIC the information, or install the gauges in the cigarette area that you can flip the cover back down to hide the gauges when the car is parked instead.

With as easy as it to pull the A-Pillar cover, bank with the car parked too long outside , your going to come back to find the cover pod and gauges gone one day soon instead.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Chokeu
Pro

I like the way the pod looks and I am not concerned about anyone messing with my car. My business is less than 10 min from home and it's always parked in plain view at work and garaged at home. Really never drive it anywhere "high crime". Besides, you mess with my ride, your gonna spend the next 6 months in the hospital.

Dano523, sick interior btw!!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:52 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Autometer. No disrespect but to the quote above...."significantly cheaper" usually means to much clutter and looks exactly like that, significantly cheaper.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Chokeu
I like the way the pod looks and I am not concerned about anyone messing with my car. My business is less than 10 min from home and it's always parked in plain view at work and garaged at home. Really never drive it anywhere "high crime". Besides, you mess with my ride, your gonna spend the next 6 months in the hospital.

Dano523, sick interior btw!!
Not my ride, just posted the photo to show the option of sticking gauges in the ashtray areas instead.

As for rag tops, spend my youth driving/racing British leyland's, with tons of crap stolen out of them, even with the tops up. Really, got to point that you where better off with the top down or unlocked when you left the car outside, so they would not damage the rag top to nick something out of it when you had your back turned (hard to nick the entire car when you have half the relays out of the car in your pocket instead).

Last edited by Dano523; 07-04-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Brians1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I went with the Autometer Ultra-Lite LED gauges and love them. White face in day, and back glow at night. The Autometer dual pod matched the ebony very well and fits well. I'm very pleased.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Chokeu
Pro

Originally Posted by Brians1
I went with the Autometer Ultra-Lite LED gauges and love them. White face in day, and back glow at night. The Autometer dual pod matched the ebony very well and fits well. I'm very pleased.

That looks awesome, where did you buy the pod?
Old 07-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Brians1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I got everything at Summit Racing. The gauges are the Ultra Lite II seires. The Pod is specific to our C6 vettes. The gauge sizes match the POD's ability to accept the 2 1/16th size.

The Fuel pressure switch was pricey but its great. Electrical sending unit that taps into the fuel rail. Hardest part was snaking the wires through the FW but there are options just by the hood release wire

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Gauge Pod

Quick Reply: Dual Gauge Pod