C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camshaft Position Sensor code after HB install

Old 07-12-2015, 09:23 PM
drclaw
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Camshaft Position Sensor code after HB install

Hey guys,

Well, I had an indy shop install my ATI balancer in my 08 LS3 manual on Friday. Drove it home Friday night, and about 25 miles on Saturday, and then about 5 miles in to a drive this morning, got the MIL. I scanned the code, P0341, which is the Camshaft Position Sensor. I'm going to call them in the morning, but wanted to see if you guys could help me speak intelligently to them.

Is this most probably a sensor that went bad, or is it possible that they messed something up? Are there any questions I should ask them or easy probable causes?

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Steve
Old 07-13-2015, 12:55 AM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by drclaw
Hey guys,

Well, I had an indy shop install my ATI balancer in my 08 LS3 manual on Friday. Drove it home Friday night, and about 25 miles on Saturday, and then about 5 miles in to a drive this morning, got the MIL. I scanned the code, P0341, which is the Camshaft Position Sensor. I'm going to call them in the morning, but wanted to see if you guys could help me speak intelligently to them.

Is this most probably a sensor that went bad, or is it possible that they messed something up? Are there any questions I should ask them or easy probable causes?

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Steve

More than likely they connected it properly and then accidentally knocked it off a little later in the process, something I've done a couple of times.

Either way it's not a big deal.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:37 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,001 Likes on 2,166 Posts

It's #6, so make sure that the connector plug is fully plugged in, and locked in place.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:50 PM
drclaw
Instructor

Awesome, thanks. I moved the intake out of the way, but just couldn't reach the connector in a meaningful way. Is there an easy way to get to it?
Old 07-14-2015, 02:24 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by drclaw
Awesome, thanks. I moved the intake out of the way, but just couldn't reach the connector in a meaningful way. Is there an easy way to get to it?
if laying under the car you can reach the bottom harness connector with proper length screwdriver to click into place if not properly connected.if top connector use a piece of quarter round wood trim or other to snap into place reaching down over alternator belt from driver side of engine bay

Last edited by irok; 07-14-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:06 PM
drclaw
Instructor

Update: as suggested by everyone above, it was a simple case of the connector having become slightly loose. The guys put it on a lift, pushed the wiring harness back together, and I was good to go.

Big thanks to everyone who chimed in; I've gotten to know a lot more about my car through the whole harmonic balancer issue.

The advice on this forum got me in a great position to choose the replacement part (ATI) and a repair shop (Broadview Automotive in Warrenton, VA), and the engine is as smooth as silk now.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:17 AM
canyoncarver
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats a quarter round wood trim?

Originally Posted by irok
if laying under the car you can reach the bottom harness connector with proper length screwdriver to click into place if not properly connected.if top connector use a piece of quarter round wood trim or other to snap into place reaching down over alternator belt from driver side of engine bay
so after researching alot about this issue, i have determined that my cam sensor was not plugged in either (p0340), i see the top section of my sensor has been disconnected. is it possible to plug it back in without removing any other parts? i'm having trouble reaching into the bottom to pull the plug up, if anyone has any pictures that would be greatly appreciated! thanks
Old 03-05-2017, 09:01 AM
drclaw
Instructor

Originally Posted by canyoncarver
so after researching alot about this issue, i have determined that my cam sensor was not plugged in either (p0340), i see the top section of my sensor has been disconnected. is it possible to plug it back in without removing any other parts? i'm having trouble reaching into the bottom to pull the plug up, if anyone has any pictures that would be greatly appreciated! thanks
It's possible if you can get a flat tip screwdriver under it, but I just took it to someone who had a lift, and it was MUCH easier.

Get notified of new replies

To Camshaft Position Sensor code after HB install

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camshaft Position Sensor code after HB install