C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter and general cold air intake question??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Z06_ARCHITECT
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter and general cold air intake question??

Hello all, I recently bought my 4th and drea Corvette, a beautiful 2006 C6 Z06, black on red interior. I had it shipped form Atlanta to Utah. Its a beautiful Z. It had some light tasteful upgrades from previous owner ie: 2013 centenial black cup wheels with red stripe,.. OEM GM wheels not ebay replicas ($3,600 from GM) OEM red 427 hood badges that caem on the 427 GS, factory red interior with some red accents, M2W exhaust. Pretty stock. (which is amazing as is )
Well after getting it I got on a local utah site like craigs list one day and found a kid selling stuff from his neighbors garage to earn money, his neighbor had a c6z and upgraded to a twin turbo system, When he did that he pulled off a Lingenfelter Cold air filter , Lingenfelter air tube, and Lingenfelter cold air box to attach to radiator shroud. and odly some sort of big plastic tube that has some warning info about twin turbo impellars so im sure its something for the twin turbo set up? ill post it for sale and see if anyone knows what it is or wants it, looks pricey$$$ Anyway he listed it for $40,... YES $40!!!!! I jumped on it after looking on Lingenfelters site and seeing that that set up is around $900. It was legit but it doesnt have the rest of the kit, MAF, silicone connection tube, or anything else in the kit. I was thinking i would jsut bold it on like any other cold air intake kit that usually doesnt include all teh stuff in the Lingy kit.
heres a few questions for you:
1-should I find a silicone connection hose that connects it to the factory MAF and use like a standard bolt on CAI?
2-should I sell it and buy some other brand complete kit instead? ifso what? (I had a Vararam snake charmer ram air setup on my last c6 and loved it)
I called Lingenfelter to see if I could order everything in the kit minus the parts I have and was told NO! then was told if so it would be around $600 which is rediculous considering i have ALL of the big Lingenfelter stamped pieces, filter, tube and airbox. I cant jsutify spending $600 forall the small parts included in their package below:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...0#.VaaIPvlVhBc

what would you experienced Z owners do in my shoes? I want to get the unreal 427 breathing but am at a standstill with what to do?
Ive thought of jsut putting the parts i have on like a standard CAI kit but am unsure if thatd cause issues programming or end up needing parts shown in the kit from LPE? Just having a hard time NOT using a NEW LINGENFELTER caold air set up that i got for $40. If i go otherwise I will sell it on here. If anyone has a kit they want to trade or trade with cash or anything Id be possibly open to offers. thanks!
your opinions are valued!

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter and general cold air intake question??