C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:09 AM
mbowers13
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by xyoung347x
Got mine today and install/setup was a extremely easy. I thought I didn't do it right. Took it for a spin and really liking it. I knew I would like it from all the researched I've done. But only thing worries me is when I was researching, I saw the camaro forums was having CEL coming on and what not. It helped me feel a little better when the man himself commented on it and gave a 30 days money back and a 1 year warranty. That made me fully pull the trigger. So if he warrant it for the Camaro, I'm sure it goes for the Vettes.. Thanks for the awesome mod!
I know what you mean. I had the same concerns about reliability, etc. He was telling me only a few of well over a thousand were faulty and to me, that's not too bad of a ratio. I've had mine on for a couple months I think and not the first problem....still works like a charm.

I think the CEL's would have a decent amount of user setup error but good to see that people were being taken care of. Biggest complaint I've seen so far is they only ship one day per week so if you're not in a hurry, it's no big deal.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:43 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
I might order one soon. What's the link again? How long did it take to get it?
I think, USPS if I recall (?), 4-5 days.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:40 PM
rcnells
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Close to 2 weeks for me.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:04 PM
GS057
Safety Car

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Its worth the wait. Its amazing how quick my c6 feels off the line with setting 5 at 30% throttle.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by GS057
Its worth the wait. Its amazing how quick my c6 feels off the line with setting 5 at 30% throttle.
Ill probably start off with 5 in my vette.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:14 PM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by WasVette
The Camaro guys are going nuts over this relatively inexpensive mod - not sure why no one here has posted anything (didn't see in search). Google it.

1st, no affiliation with this company at all.

Basically, this piece goes in line with oem accelerator harness and allows you to dial out lag, increase throttle input responsiveness (sport 1 - 9) or dial in less throttle response (E 1-7) for mileage/economy/valet effect. 0 is stock throttle response.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! This piece at 5 and up is insane. 7 - 9 is instant throttle response. Drive on 5+ for 10 min and go back to 0 and it feels like you're trailering a boat.

Easy install if you can crawl under a dash and pull hush panel under driver dash, no CEL issues, $180, and shockingly effective.

Best mod for the money for sure. I am only passing this on due to my own sheer giddyness.
Where did you buy this. Very interested!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:23 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
The link is posted like 5 times in this thread
Old 08-29-2015, 11:46 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
The link is posted like 5 times in this thread
The mods keep removing it.....but a simple Google search and you find it easy.....
Old 08-30-2015, 02:25 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default like

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
It's not making the car faster, just feel faster.
Kinda like putting a set of higher gears in the rear end faster?
Old 08-30-2015, 02:38 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by True Knight
So has anyone successfully installed one of these on an '05 with a manual trans?
Sorry It doesn't work on the 05 model
Old 08-30-2015, 02:43 AM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
vitesse-motorsports dot com forward slash throttle-controllers-corvette-c6 dot htm
Old 08-30-2015, 03:57 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default order

just ordered mine!
Can't wait to get it
Old 08-30-2015, 08:40 AM
ssmike56
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

This sounds like a great mod! However I have one concern, I didn't see this discussed in the thread, but what if it malfunctions while tooling along at 70 down the highway and suddenly your at WOT? This is an aftermarket electronic device that's installed directly on the throttle circuit! Has it been thoroughly tested? Is there a cutoff switch or something to disable it in case of a failure? I don't mean to **** on the parade but I want to make sure it's a safe device!
Old 08-30-2015, 08:59 AM
GS057
Safety Car

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

This is not a new Device and has been around for a year. I have never heard of this device causing a throttle to stick on any of the forums. I believe it requires you to push the throttle to get the electronic signal to accelerate. The Camaro owners have been using the device since it hit the market last September.
Originally Posted by ssmike56
This sounds like a great mod! However I have one concern, I didn't see this discussed in the thread, but what if it malfunctions while tooling along at 70 down the highway and suddenly your at WOT? This is an aftermarket electronic device that's installed directly on the throttle circuit! Has it been thoroughly tested? Is there a cutoff switch or something to disable it in case of a failure? I don't mean to **** on the parade but I want to make sure it's a safe device!
Old 08-30-2015, 09:28 AM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Good questions, and I don't know. However, 'I'd switch to neutral ASAP. Yes, that may already be too late. Overall, the technology has been around for some years.

I wonder how Sprint Booster, etc handle that?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:20 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

I have some thoughts on this but I'm driving right now. I'll post them when I get home.

Short version is the pedal has at least two "sensors" in it. Both signals go to the computer. If they don't match then the computer assumes something is wrong with the pedal.

Whether this box maintains two separate circuits or bypasses that is tough to say without having one to play with. Two signals still have to go to the ecm, but how those are being generated is the concern.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:25 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

I received mine in the mail yesterday and installed it this AM. All of you guys are right, this is indeed a great mod. I was somewhat hesitant on getting this because I have a Diablo inTune and a custom tune by Lew. After I got that, the throttle response was night and day from stock. My hesitancy was based on whether I would receive much benefit in the throttle response because Lew's tune is outstanding. I have an A6 and his tune worked wonders with crisper and faster shifts.

I went for a drive and left it at SP0. Throttle response and tranny response was just like Lew's tune, no difference. Played with SP5 thru SP9, on standing starts and accels at cruising speed. As you all know, SP9 is an animal. I like SP6/7 and will leave it in one of those two. SP7 might be just a little too sensitive for my driving style. I'll have to play with both. I especially like it at cruise. If you just ease into it, it just accelerates, but if you press it quickly, it drops one gear, and just a little more, it drops two gears.

Depending on your individual driving style, I'm pretty sure one these 17 settings will satisfy you. To the naysayers, don't knock it until you have tried it. But you are right, if you just press the pedal farther on a stock car, it will do the same thing, just in a course manner. However, this throttle controller gives you a finer control of how you work the throttle.

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 08-30-2015, 03:48 PM
wow
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WasVette
Ashtray location; drill hole in the back (large enough for display connector) after pulling tray out. Use stiff wire to fish down towards driver under dash area. Double stick in there. Easy to change, out of the way, and using a wasted space unless you smoke

If this photo displays incorrectly I apologize in advance!! It opens correctly on my lap top.
How big a hole (drill size) did you make? Did you disconnect the two leads from the back of the unit and snake them in first? Thanks for any further install information for us non mechanical types
Old 08-30-2015, 11:24 PM
alaahnx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default couple more questions..

Any further info on connecting/application of the yellow and blue wires in our vets? (the brake and lunch control wires?)

where are you guys leaving the center/brain unite? not sure how hot it gets after long hours of driving (vets are not that well insulated) and not sure if heat will cause the main unit to malfunction if left near the pedal connector..
Old 08-30-2015, 11:44 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Here is Ahmed's response to the question, as I could best clarify/write it:

"All cars with the "Drive by Wire" system come with a cutoff switch and a fail safe mode to prevent the WOT or any unwanted acceleration or deceleration from happening... Different car manufacturers call it differently: Limp mode / Reduced power.... This is safety requirement.

It will never send a WOT signal unless you want to. The "Reduced Engine Power" mode still allows you to accelerate at lower RPMs to prevent the driver being stuck somewhere or in an emergency...

All GM cars including Corvettes do come with this fail safe mode as well:
The ECU constantly compares the signal sent from the Gas pedal sensor and the signal received by the Throttle body sensor. If anything is detected, it will automatically go to the "Reduced Engine Power" mode.

On top of that, o
ur Controller has also a built in Safety feature that will default back to SP0 ( Stock Throttle Setting ) whenever it detects a difference in Voltage between the Gas pedal and the Throttle Body sensor or if anything goes wrong with the unit itself the signal is sent straight to the Throttle body sensor."

Hope this helps?
The following users liked this post:
Ajaste (11-25-2015)

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!