C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by ray_ray
how do you program the top end?
When I say "top end" I mean the 2nd part of the programing sequence where you hold the pedal to the floor .

I would have to read the directions again to explain it to you so make sure you read them throughly as it is a point that a lot of us mess up causing codes to be set because the Vitesse is sending a signal that is off the map and the ECM does not understand .....

Dave
Old 10-16-2016, 10:11 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
When I say "top end" I mean the 2nd part of the programing sequence where you hold the pedal to the floor .

I would have to read the directions again to explain it to you so make sure you read them throughly as it is a point that a lot of us mess up causing codes to be set because the Vitesse is sending a signal that is off the map and the ECM does not understand .....

Dave
im sure i dont have my instructions anymore
Old 10-16-2016, 10:19 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by ray_ray
im sure i dont have my instructions anymore
they are online at the Vitesse Web site ....
Old 10-16-2016, 10:30 PM
ray_ray
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
they are online at the Vitesse Web site ....
Thank you sir
Old 10-16-2016, 10:35 PM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Mine was working as normal and all at once when I came to a stop the idle was setting at 1500 and would not go down. Done a few blips of the throttle and instantly got a reduced engine power. Car ran horrible on the drive home but was lucky only had to drive 5 miles. tried to reset the controller many times and it just would not work. So just unhooked it all and cleared the codes and the car is fine. I did send them a message telling them but just have a feeling I will be ignored or just told tuff luck. Guess I will find out.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:30 AM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

We've never ignored any message and we will never do. We stand behind our products and warranty.

Yes, 90% of the time if you get a CEL or any malfunction, it is most likely that the controller needs a simple re-calibration.

Here is the link on how to re-calibrate it: ( How to set-up the controller )
http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/i...otorsports.pdf

You have a one year warranty, if anything happens within that one year, after a few testing that we can do over the phone: verifying the voltages ( Low and High voltages ), we can determine if it just needs a re-calibration or if it's a defective, then we replace it with a brand new one.

Many times we've found that the main unit was placed under the carpet and next to the firewall / transmission wall, that is a big No No , the electronics inside will not last if exposed to too much heat.

Any questions or concerns, please send us an email directly to: sales@vitesse-motorsports.com or call us direct at (201) 708-7017

Thank you

Ahmed
Vitesse Motorsports
The following 3 users liked this post by VitesseMotorsports:
--Z06-- (10-17-2016), kronix (04-02-2017), MAXXPSI (10-18-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 09:37 AM
--Z06--
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 46 Posts

They really do stand by their product and I have spoken to Ahmed several times on the phone to resolve and issue I had.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 PM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VitesseMotorsports
We've never ignored any message and we will never do. We stand behind our products and warranty.

Yes, 90% of the time if you get a CEL or any malfunction, it is most likely that the controller needs a simple re-calibration.

You have a one year warranty, if anything happens within that one year, after a few testing that we can do over the phone: verifying the voltages ( Low and High voltages ), we can determine if it just needs a re-calibration or if it's a defective, then we replace it with a brand new one.

Many times we've found that the main unit was placed under the carpet and next to the firewall / transmission wall, that is a big No No , the electronics inside will not last if exposed to too much heat.

Any questions or concerns, please send us an email directly to: sales@vitesse-motorsports.com or call us direct at (201) 708-7017

Thank you

Ahmed
Vitesse Motorsports
I got your email today. I will run out now and hook it back up and do the test that you asked on the email and let you know what it says.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:27 AM
mvvette97
Melting Slicks

Thank you

Ahmed
Vitesse Motorsports
Ok I went out and reinstalled it on my corvette. I done the recalibration again and now it seems to work. Haven't drove the car to make sure but it was throwing a reduced engine power as soon as I would touch the throttle at all. Seems to be fine now.I did get the numbers you were asking. After doing the 321 count down it said L0.5 then pressing the A it said H0.5 then when pushing the throttle to the floor it went to H2.1 for a few seconds then went to 100. Seems to be working now. One question though. If it just needed calibrated what made it lose the calibration? I mean it was fine all day yesterday and all at once it went haywire. Does it need to be recalibrated from time to time?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:21 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes, you can re-calibrate once in a while, like once every 3 months. It maybe a dead car battery.

All Drive by wire systems have a built-in safety feature that keeps checking the voltage between your gas pedal sensor and the throttle body sensor, if the ECU finds the slightest voltage difference of 5% or higher, it will trigger the "Reduced Engine Power" mode.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:54 PM
MAXXPSI
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 70 Posts

I have used this product on a Gen5 blown camaro for over a year. Its solid and makes the car feel like it weighs 50% less, a true blast. Saw a couple people asking about can a tune do the same, and no, not the same way (not to mention impossible to adjust on the fly) - There is an indepth thread about it on HPTuners.com forums.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:56 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Thank you

Ahmed
Vitesse Motorsports
Only one question. WHERE IS THE 05 VERSION!?
Old 10-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
Old 10-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Ira T
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch08

Yep. Still waiting!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Rik O'Shay
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just finished installing & test driving my 2010 GS- wow is right!

I removed the center console lid and center console trim piece, disconnecting the heated seat controls, traction switch, and both power ports.

If you are not sure how to remove the center console trim you can watch how here-

On the bench I drilled a 3/8 hole in the back of the ash tray frame (NOT the ash tray itself) -

I found that a 1 inch X 1 inch block of wood makes a good base to mount the control unit to-

I gave the block a quick coat of flat black paint and glued it into the ash tray with hot glue-

I used double sided Gorilla Tape to mount the controller to the block after feeding the cable trough-

Mounted-

Since the console trim was off I also removed the A/C controls and the stereo head from the dash and sat them aside so I could route the cable. Once I routed the cable I reinstalled the stereo, AC control and then the center console trim & lid.

There is enough slack to close the ash tray cover if needed. Here it is with the center console all buttoned up-

I then connected the cable to the main unit that I taped up under the dash with Gorilla tape and connected the gas pedal connector. I also zip tied the cables up & away.

Setup was pretty easy but I never did see "100" at the end of the calibration process, it just said "Set".

Drives great though, set to EC0 and SP5 for now.

Last edited by Rik O'Shay; 10-19-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:26 AM
delbert62
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EVRose
I want one too!
Old 10-30-2016, 12:48 AM
Bruisr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the same install without dismantling the console and related.. used a dremmel with a 1/16 drill bit(removed ashtray insert 1st) opened a 3/8 hole on right side of ash tray mount... used a bailing wire to fish tape the wire from the LCD display down to then drivers side of the console..used Velcro to mount the LCD to the inside of the ashtray housing..and had enough room to place my mild to wild remote and close the ash tray cover. Install took 15 minutes

Last edited by Bruisr; 10-30-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 10-30-2016, 09:08 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

All the "throttle controller" goes is change the relationship between the accelerator pedal and the rate at which the throttle opens. You can obtain the exact same results with an educated right foot.

Last edited by EuroRod; 10-30-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:07 PM
MAXXPSI
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 70 Posts

Its not really a performance piece. it is a nice adjustable interface, that just gives a new feel to the car. kind of like having a new keyboard and mouse if you will, changes the feel of that same old PC - its enjoyable for what it is for sure. but those are correct stating there is nothing it does that you cant already do with your foot. It does however change the personality of your car without changing how you normally cruise around. .02
Old 10-30-2016, 12:12 PM
CSTYLE
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroRod
All the "throttle controller" goes is change the relationship between the accelerator pedal and the rate at which the throttle opens. You can obtain the exact same results with an educated right foot.
No you can't,or not like the vitesse!

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!