C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The door won't unlock

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:51 AM
boonie c4
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Default The door won't unlock

Dose anybody know why my 08 corvette door won't unlock or release despite the fact that I've replaced the interior door release power button? your opinion will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,006 Likes on 2,169 Posts

If the outside pull pad releases the door latch, then the problem is with the wiring harness/wiring connectors inside the door.

As for a quick check to make sure it the wiring harness the problem, push the button and see if the red light on the top of the door lights up or not. No red door indicator lighting up, then its the door wiring harness in the door. I would start with trying to clean the plug for the button first with spray contact cleaner to weed the end connector out before pulling the door panel to check the wires inside the door for broken wires or the middle connector loose first.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oor-panel.html

P.S, not sure why you bought a new button, since the old one could just have been pulled apart to be cleaned, as well as the button re-sprayed if the paint was peeling off.

Quick Reply: The door won't unlock