C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 LS3 A6 Shifting problems in sport mode.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 07:27 AM
Columbia Corvette
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 LS3 A6 Shifting problems in sport mode.

I took the car to the track for the first time last night and had some issues. The first pass was the best with 12.786 in sport mode. Long story short i tried in both sport and manual mode but like has been said sport mode gave me better times. But here is the problem. During several of the passes in sport mode the tranny didn't seem to shift and red lined then bogged down. Not every time but on several passes. I have the Trinity diablo tune in the car and only mods are K&N and Corsa catbacks.
Any input????
I gotta get those 60' times down. Need DR's!
Old 08-23-2015, 10:58 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Sport mode and manual mode is like comparing apples and oranges----
Manual mode means that you are paddle shifting the trans
Sport ---touring--track modes are something entirely different---as you can run in any of these driving modes in both manual or auto shifting mode--
What exactly are you trying to describe ?? Are you saying while shifting automatically in Sport mode it will not shift into a higher gear and finally hits the rev limiter ???
Old 08-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Columbia Corvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by tblu92
Sport mode and manual mode is like comparing apples and oranges----
Manual mode means that you are paddle shifting the trans
Sport ---touring--track modes are something entirely different---as you can run in any of these driving modes in both manual or auto shifting mode--
What exactly are you trying to describe ?? Are you saying while shifting automatically in Sport mode it will not shift into a higher gear and finally hits the rev limiter ???
Yes that's exactly what's happening. I have read several posts prior to going to track so it was recommended to use the sport mode. which I did my first pass and several more. I also did try the paddle shift but I was slower as people had said.
Several of my passes in Sport mode failed to shift and redlined then bogged down horribly. not every pass but several.
Any clues?
Old 08-24-2015, 12:28 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

If the trans temps are below 140*, you'll have problems in D or S. I've had it happen sometimes as much as 155*. The other thing could be you're slightly low on fluid. (same as being too cold)
Check the level and once it's right, then add 1/2 quart.

If you have the capability, set your rev limiter another 100 RPM higher.

One more quick and cheap thing is to prop the shroud. It's good for .15 or more. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1584921626
Old 08-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

It's in your tune.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Columbia Corvette
Instructor

Default new mods

I have the headers installed now and I have an email tune from Lew. It is still in the early stages but it feels good. after i put some more miles on it I will do a WOT and he will tweak the tune some more. Track day is Sept 18. The track is 2 hours away so I don't get there too often.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:02 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Saying that you had your car tuned changes everything---There is NO WAY a stock tuned A6 TCM will not shift in either manual mode automatic mode or in any of the 5 driving settings---So if you car will not shift at WOT and hits the safety rev limiter you TCM tune has been altered to not allow it to shift----
Unless you changed the rear tire size or changed the stock rear end ratio--your tuner should not have messed with any of your trans tuning tables---
Old 08-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Columbia Corvette
Instructor

I have the custom tune now but didn't have it then! I only had the canned Diablo tune. But trust when i say it wasn't shifting but hitting the limiter and bogging down. Wish I would have saved the timeslips and could show you. Similar 60' times but not ET by about a full second or more as i would let off the gas when it hit the limiter. Something went wrong?
Old 09-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Columbia Corvette
Instructor

Default update.

After header and tune by lew I went to the track last night. There were no transmission issue. But on the down side I didn't run any faster either. I have to get me some DR's. Crappy 60' times.

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 LS3 A6 Shifting problems in sport mode.

Quick Reply: 2008 LS3 A6 Shifting problems in sport mode.