C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sub confusion

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Murdered07
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sub confusion

I just installed a ken wood excelon amp and sub, I ran everything, grounded it all and the amp gets a red light and I get nothing from the sub it's self, I had to add a converter to the harness for the stock system for the rca to hook into the stock unit and I'm sure my connections are good, what could it be??
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Is there a remote turn-on wire that needs to be connected on the amp?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:37 AM
Murdered07
Advanced

Originally Posted by EVRose
Is there a remote turn-on wire that needs to be connected on the amp?
Yes But I don't have it actually hooked up for now I'm just using a strand of wire and going from the power connection in the amp and jumping it to the remote turn on connector just for testing purposes but it does the job of turning the amp on and off
Old 08-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Murdered07
Advanced

I had to add a line output adapter into this harness and I was told to go into ports b7 through b10..this adapter has 2 positive leads and 2 negatives as well as 2 grounds and they are all hooked up accordingly..are those possibly the wrong ports to tap into on the harness?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:07 PM
liquidtrendsC6
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sub confusion

Its highly unlikely, but possible the diagram is wrong but the colors are even less unlikely to be off.. Maybe you went by just the pinout and mis counted. Is this the Kenwood pocket amp? Also where did you ground it to?
Old 08-30-2015, 09:56 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I have never had any success in adding an amp to any Bose stereo system--I know they make adapters to get a signal from your stock radio and some companies claim their amps interchange with the Bose system---I've never seen one work--On my 2 previous Corvettes (98 and 02 ) I had to replace the receiver unit with an aftermarket one then the amp worked---I had a single 10" sub in a box that fits into the floor in the back-- Removed the Bose speakers in the doors and replaced them with Sony Explod--and the rears with the same ----an Explod amp running on 2 ohms for the sub--and a 1 farad cap--
It pounds Good news is that I sold all the Bose stuff on line so the final cost was not so bad--
Old 09-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Wampa
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

to isolate problem, connect a different source (Ipod, MP3 player, etc directly to amp using headphone jack - RCAs cable) to the RCA inputs on the amp to see if signal is your issue. If so, you'll know the adapter wiring is the issue. If still no sound; you have a fault in the amp to sub wiring or the amp/sub itself. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Sub confusion

Quick Reply: Sub confusion