C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 07:22 AM
93pologreenvette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2013 vette

I have had my 2013 Vette about 6 months or so..its a base model with shift on the steering wheel and about 9500 miles. Do I need to do anything to get max performance ...tuned, rpm over ride etc...? Its plenty now but being ole school did not wont to miss anything... I really am impressed with the mpg of the car I have been driving a 2007 Avalanche it gets 16 on a good day... the vette is doing 28...
Thanks
Bobby
Old 09-16-2015, 10:43 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Hey Bobby,

Too bad no one responded earlier. Too many stupid advertisements to swim through before we realize we left one stranded.

Well your car comes pretty stout and max performance means youre already breaking the law lololol
But all jokes aside, it really depends on what you want. you can always make more power. there are many things you can do to improve performance. like headers, exhaust, cai, tune but you're not missing out on anything if you think you have enough now.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:12 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The most basic mods that almost everyone does that are easy are
1. some sort of cold air intake net about 8 RWHP
2. some sort of catback exhaust " " 10 RWHP
3. A tune after the mods were installed can be worth about 10-17 RWHP
but also can unleash a lot of the HP the computer hold back on via the TQ management system and really wakes up the throttle response
After that the mods get expensive and require much more expertise to install
Many will follow up with either shorty headers (smog legal) worth about 10 RWHP OR long tube headers worth more like 25-30 RWHP but are illegal in many states and also require a re-tune
After that you can go with a ported throttle body
Fast intake
New cam
better heads---
All depends on your budget --- your car's intended use and your HP goals

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 vette

Quick Reply: 2013 vette