C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune time& raid intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 01:50 AM
TheMTazzi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune time& raid intake

hello everyone, just wondering if anyone here has had anywork done through tune Tune Time in lakewood nj.they sponsor an airad intake and offer dyno tuning. i am curious as to how theyre (tunes/ airaid intake) stacks up with other intakes/tunes. i ask this question becuase im trying to do simple boltons for my c6 a6 and figured if they offer the intake /tune through them it would be the simplest way to add power, the fatestest, and well simplicity is key. but if i can buy another type of intake/tune that will add better power id rather go for that. any suggestions? maybe a diablosport handheld tuner? vararam intake with theyre tune? suggestions?
Old 09-09-2015, 04:47 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

I would wait a bit, save up and get a few bolt-on and then get it custom tunes once. If you're gonna keep adding things you're gonna need to keep getting it tuned. The single most effective bolt-on would be headers. I heard some with base models pick up Z06 oem intakes used for dirt cheap as they flow pretty good. It really comes down to what you want to spend. Look into future plans as well. It may save you from making a double purchase. for example, I bought a K&N unit, then later on as I added a fast 102mm intake manifold with a nick williams 102mm throttle body, I discovered the K&N was no better than a funnel as it was way smaller, went out and then purchased a Halltech which have a way bigger bore to go with the 102mm intake.

If you don't already have headers, I'd suggest Headers + xpipe + intake and Tune.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Matt, the owner of Tune Time Performance, has tuned the quickest bolt-on only N/A car.
As for CAIs, we had run a Halltech.
As stated above, headers are a great addition too.

Get notified of new replies

To Tune time& raid intake

Quick Reply: Tune time& raid intake