C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam install with dyno sheet

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Garmans12valve
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cam install with dyno sheet

So i typed up this really long post and computer froze and lost it all. I will just do brief description and then upload all the pics that i have. It aint many i just want to share my experience and results.

So to start i got the tick performance stage 3 polluter cam package. Came with dual valve springs titanium retainers and 7.400 pushrods. I also added the gasket kit. Everything came as expected.

I bought the Hinson Motorsports ceramic coated headers and xpipe. I also bought their shifter as well. I really love the shifter by the way. Makes the world of difference. I have the slp lm2 for axle back exhaust. The car is now really loud and sounds really good.

Everything as far as exhaust fit as advertised. No issues just make sure you get the car up high enough to slide in. I used jack stands so you will be fine with out a lift.

Cam specs are 239/244 .636 .610 really impressed with it so far.
Vengeance racing did the tuning it made 457hp 419tq.'

I am the little guy in the white shirt my buddy helping is in the black shirt. His car will be at the end.

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psurhdxhhx.mp4

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psotalk8jd.mp4

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psroav8klf.mp4

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psid5eqbva.mp4

That is the guy in the black shirts 2016 challenger srt. I will let yall know the results of who wins the race. lol.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Garmans12valve; 12-08-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Naldinator
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice. How is the street manners? My Car is at Vengeance as we speak.

p.s. I always highlight all my text and copy it before I hit submit on long posts. I always get hit by the browser crash. lol

Last edited by Naldinator; 12-08-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Great post, your a smart man taking your hood off to do your cam swap. Looks like you have the whole neighborhood in your garage in one of those last pictures. I'll be tackling a cam swap here soon.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Garmans12valve
Instructor

Nice. How is the street manners? My Car is at Vengeance as we speak.

The street manners are good. I have never driven a cammed car before. Im a diesel guy this stuff is new to me. The only down fall i have felt is since the cam is big and has a lot of lope at idle (what i love most) it bucks real bad when idling in first gear. So you have to get used to that. Other than that it rides good just loud.

Great post, your a smart man taking your hood off to do your cam swap. Looks like you have the whole neighborhood in your garage in one of those last pictures. I'll be tackling a cam swap here soon.

Yea when friends find out what your doing they all come over and talk smack. All the guys are mustang guys except one. Hes a z06 guy and now i have some races to attend too. lol.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Oh mustang guys no need to say more, j/k.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Great results! Always good to see a guy not afraid to spin his own wrenches.

A little street tuning can likely tame that cam a bit down low, there are a few things you can do, often smoothing the timing table a bit where it's bucking can help, it did on mine.

Did you drive all the way from Montana to Georgia to get it tuned??
Old 12-08-2015, 10:32 PM
hoodwink33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garmans12valve
So i typed up this really long post and computer froze and lost it all. I will just do brief description and then upload all the pics that i have. It aint many i just want to share my experience and results.

So to start i got the tick performance stage 3 polluter cam package. Came with dual valve springs titanium retainers and 7.400 pushrods. I also added the gasket kit. Everything came as expected.

I bought the Hinson Motorsports ceramic coated headers and xpipe. I also bought their shifter as well. I really love the shifter by the way. Makes the world of difference. I have the slp lm2 for axle back exhaust. The car is now really loud and sounds really good.

Everything as far as exhaust fit as advertised. No issues just make sure you get the car up high enough to slide in. I used jack stands so you will be fine with out a lift.

Cam specs are 239/244 .636 .610 really impressed with it so far.
Vengeance racing did the tuning it made 457hp 419tq.'

I am the little guy in the white shirt my buddy helping is in the black shirt. His car will be at the end.

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psurhdxhhx.mp4

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psotalk8jd.mp4

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psroav8klf.mp4

http://vid1306.photobucket.com/album...psid5eqbva.mp4

That is the guy in the black shirts 2016 challenger srt. I will let yall know the results of who wins the race. lol.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know. Thanks for looking.

I just ordered the Hinson long tubes and have the SLP's as well. I have a 2011 GS which I bought used and the sop's were on. Looking at the website, its states the are 2.5" and I have been wondering if i'm going to have to have them modded to connect to the hinson's. What year is your Vette and were they a direct fit? Thanks
Old 12-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I thought the numbers are low then I see it is an LS2...ok!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Garmans12valve
Instructor

Joe g: the next step is to buy hp tuner or efi live. They used efi live so I'm not sure if you can go between the two but I do want to learn how to do it on my own. Seems very useful.
And no I did not drive that far for tuning. I am in the military and doing a year down in tampa and I have family in Atlanta. I am not sure who will be tuning when I get back to montana though.

Hoodwink: mine is a 2006the exhaust is 3in then where it connects to the slp axle back system drops down to 2.5in. So if yours is 2.5 in then you will be fine but if it's 3in then you you bought the wrong ones from Hinson. However I do not know what your car came with.

Boomer: way to put me down. I thought they were good numbers. Lol.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Either HP or EFI is fine, I happen to know HP and I'd say they have a bit more shade tree customer base vs EFI which is a bit more pro shops. Check out both's forums and see which you think is better for you. An EFI shop can use HP and vice versa, they are close enough that if you know one you can get done what you need with the other, you just won't be as quick with it.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Garmans12valve
Joe g: the next step is to buy hp tuner or efi live. They used efi live so I'm not sure if you can go between the two but I do want to learn how to do it on my own. Seems very useful.
And no I did not drive that far for tuning. I am in the military and doing a year down in tampa and I have family in Atlanta. I am not sure who will be tuning when I get back to montana though.

Hoodwink: mine is a 2006the exhaust is 3in then where it connects to the slp axle back system drops down to 2.5in. So if yours is 2.5 in then you will be fine but if it's 3in then you you bought the wrong ones from Hinson. However I do not know what your car came with.

Boomer: way to put me down. I thought they were good numbers. Lol.

No way man, I was initially thinking your had an LS3 is all.Add 30 and you are looking cool.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:37 PM
jp_tt_awd
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

You should be able to beat that heavy 6.4 challenger bone stock, should be a massacre now.

-jp
Old 12-09-2015, 07:13 PM
Garmans12valve
Instructor

Sounds good hp tuners it is.

I would hope i can beat the 6.4 but you never know.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:25 PM
0Joey@Tick
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice!
Old 12-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Garmans12valve
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joey@Tick
Very nice!
Thank you.

Are those good numbers from that cam you think.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:56 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

Sounds mean as hell, well done! I've been toying with doing the same thing you did....

Get notified of new replies

To Cam install with dyno sheet

Quick Reply: Cam install with dyno sheet