C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 C6 3LT - LATCH System is awol? Bolting down the creature comforts...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 05:57 PM
DeathByCactus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 C6 3LT - LATCH System is awol? Bolting down the creature comforts...

Let's just clear the air... I am single, I have a dog, she tail wags on acceleration and grew up enjoying the freedoms of kicking around in a Vette. She rides shotgun in the Vette any time I am not going someplace where she would have to sit in a hot car (then she gets to chill on the couch).

Problem: The 2011 user manual is worthless and I can't for the life of me find any latch / buckle points anywhere near where they are labeled or pictured to exist.

Some people are saying that all coupes and convertibles past 2003 have them, I can't find them.

I have a 2011 3LT C6, I've gotta be missing something?

Anyone else have this issue with a car seat attachment or something? How do you bolt creatures you care about down to your seats?

Thanks!

P.S. She won't fit in the trunk. That would be terrible.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:48 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

The zo6 has a latch attachment behind the passenger seat on the floor in the hatch. Maybe also the zr1. Not the (base) coupe. Unsure of the grand sport. If you look on the floor in the hatch and don't see a plastic cover with the latch logo then you don't have it. Can you use a harness that attaches to the seat belt?
Old 02-10-2016, 03:57 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

FACT : Only the hardtop coupes (Z06/ZR1) got the LATCH attachment in the hatch area behind the passenger seat.

The "Official" explanation : The "targa top" cars are treated as convertibles and are not required by law to have LATCH, so GM didn't include it on those models.

At least that's what has been the explanation.

Last edited by Grimlock13; 02-10-2016 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:11 PM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock13
FACT : Only the hardtop coupes (Z06/ZR1) got the LATCH attachment in the hatch area behind the passenger seat.

The "Official" explanation : The "targa top" cars are treated as convertibles and are not required by law to have LATCH, so GM didn't include it on those models.

At least that's what has been the explanation.
I just tore out the entire interior of my 2010 GS to put down insulation and sound deadening stuff and can confirm that there are no LATCH anchor points.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 C6 3LT - LATCH System is awol? Bolting down the creature comforts...

Quick Reply: 2011 C6 3LT - LATCH System is awol? Bolting down the creature comforts...