C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 GS A6 paddle shift question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Socalconstruction1
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 2011 GS A6 paddle shift question.

I have a 2011 GS A6 and wanted to know if there are any tunes that could speed the timing on the paddle shifters, I track my car and the paddle shifting has a lag time, it's not instant as my wife's Benz paddles are. Anyone know how to speed it up and or make it instant?

( I also posted this question under scan and tune, just FYI)
Old 03-26-2016, 09:57 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

There are several vendors that offer A6 tunes. The most popular is probably Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester, and he offers remote tunes via AutoCal.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...sy-to-use.html
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (03-26-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Socalconstruction1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RicK T
There are several vendors that offer A6 tunes. The most popular is probably Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester, and he offers remote tunes via AutoCal.

Thank you, another question or two, wouldn't a dyno tune be better than a tuner or remote tune? And I've been told by the dealer and one tuner than by doing a tune to my car can avoid my factory warrenty, mine is just about up but I got a 3 year extension and wouldn't want to void it.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:06 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Of course changing anything in the computer could cause GM to void warranty coverage on the trans, likely not anything else not related to the trans. And they could just as easily deny warranty on engine, trans, rear end, driveshaft, wheel bearings, etc if they found out you track the car. It's a crap shoot for sure, just have to go in eyes wide open to the possibilities.

As for the dyno tune, yea probably the preferred way. But if you call Chuck I think you'll find out he has you do data logging after the tune then send him the results and he can tweak the tune pretty well. Takes some back and forth but it's just time and email.
Chuck CoW (03-26-2016)
Old 03-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Socalconstruction1
Burning Brakes

Of course changing anything in the computer could cause GM to void warranty coverage on the trans, likely not anything else not related to the trans. And they could just as easily deny warranty on engine, trans, rear end, driveshaft, wheel bearings, etc if they found out you track the car. It's a crap shoot for sure, just have to go in eyes wide open to the possibilities.

As for the dyno tune, yea probably the preferred way. But if you call Chuck I think you'll find out he has you do data logging after the tune then send him the results and he can tweak the tune pretty well. Takes some back and forth but it's just time and email.
Ok thanks for your imput, I guess I'll leave it alone. I've told the dealer I track the car and they assured me that would have no effect on the warrenty as long as I've not modified the drivetrain. Dealing with a little lag time doesn't sound so bad when I can get a free engin or tranny when I blow it on the track.

I guess I was hoping there was something specific for the shifting Speed that wouldn't need a complete tune for.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:57 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Give me a ring....

Originally Posted by Socalconstruction1
Ok thanks for your imput, I guess I'll leave it alone. I've told the dealer I track the car and they assured me that would have no effect on the warrenty as long as I've not modified the drivetrain. Dealing with a little lag time doesn't sound so bad when I can get a free engin or tranny when I blow it on the track.

I guess I was hoping there was something specific for the shifting Speed that wouldn't need a complete tune for.
Give me a ring.... You'll be shocked at how different that Automatic can be.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 03-27-2016, 12:18 AM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

I got a custom tune from Lew at http://www.diablewtune.com/using a Diablo inTune. The tune really woke the car up and the TCM tune really firmed up and quickened the A6 shifts. It also made the paddle shifts a lot quicker. I don't think you can get instant shifts because the A6 is not a DCT. The car is really fun to drive now.

And the good thing is since you are concerned about the warranty, you can always revert back to your stock tune if you have to take it to the dealer. According to Diablosport, the dealer can't tell that a tune was installed on the car. Once you get your car back, just put your custom tune back into the car, as long as the dealer didn't reflash the computer. If they did, just contact Lew and he can get you going again.
Socalconstruction1 (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 11:32 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Yeah Man... THANK YOU!

Yeah Man... THANK YOU!

My package is the Absolute MUST HAVE when it comes to Tuning Automatic C6s.

And, add to that our CoW BOOSTER! modification and there's no tuning package that can touch it.

GUARANTEED!
Chuck CoW
Old 03-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Socalconstruction1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Yeah Man... THANK YOU!

My package is the Absolute MUST HAVE when it comes to Tuning Automatic C6s.

And, add to that our CoW BOOSTER! modification and there's no tuning package that can touch it.

GUARANTEED!
Chuck CoW
What about the dealer being able to see the tune? When I asked them directly they told me even if I flash the computer back, they will still be able to see that changes were made, said they might not be able to see what changes but just that the computer had been altered.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:06 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

What about the dealer being able to see the tune? When I asked them directly they told me even if I flash the computer back, they will still be able to see that changes were made, said they might not be able to see what changes but just that the computer had been altered.
Not with a Diablo .......

Dave
Old 03-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Heavy Hauler
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Give me a ring.... You'll be shocked at how different that Automatic can be.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
happier than a tick on a coon dog here with the tune, cow booster & trans tune!
Old 03-28-2016, 08:07 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default There is no way....

There is NO WAY that they can see the changes made, but they might be able to see a CVN but it depends entirely on

what scan tool they use. The TECH II tool won't always show them and it often shows them as incorrect

even when they are stock and never modified. C7s are different.

This is a topic that's been beaten to death for many years....GM virtually NEVER gives people problems with

with simple tunes and bolt ons.... My advice is to remove the tune before you go in for service if you're concerned.

It's been discussed a million times over.... Check the forum... 1 out of 100,000 has a warranty problem with a

tune and forget that these cars are VERY hard to break, but it's just not something you should worry about.

Sooo many people tune these cars every day....RELAX and ENJOY your car.

If nobody tuned BRAN NEW CARS right off the showroom floor....and everyone waited till their warranty expired.....

You would NOT be reading this because this FORUM WOULD NOT EXIST and ALL TUNER SHOPS WOULD BE OUT OF

BUSINESS.....and I would likely be a scuba instructor somewhere.... On a tropical island... with a great tan....and a drink in my hand.....

Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 03-28-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:17 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

There is NO WAY that they can see the changes made, but they might be able to see a CVN but it depends entirely on

what scan tool they use. The TECH II tool won't always show them and it often shows them as incorrect

This is a topic that's been beaten to death for many years....GM virtually NEVER gives people problems with

with simple tunes and bolt ons.... My advice is to remove the tune before you go in for service if you're concerned.

It's been discussed a million times over.... Check the forum... 1 out of 100,000 has a warranty problem with a

tune and forget that these cars are VERY hard to break, but it's just not something you should worry about.

If nobody tuned BRAN NEW CARS right off the showroom floor....and everyone waited till their warranty expired.....

You would NOT be reading this because this FORUM WOULD NOT EXIST and ALL TUNER SHOPS WOULD BE OUT OF

BUSINESS.....and I would likely be a scuba instructor somewhere.... On a tropical island... with a great tan....and a drink in my hand.....

Chuck CoW

Dave
Old 03-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Socalconstruction1
Burning Brakes

Chuck CoW

Hahah, the only reason I worry is because I track my car. If I blow my engin or tranny I don't want them telling me they won't cover it because of the tune. I'm not concerned with them "catching me" while its in for service. If I need a new 20k engin because I blew it up, and they see my roll bar and racking seats they might want to look further into engin mods and or computer stuff to get out of having to pay for my engin. I wouldn't be so concerned if I didn't track my car.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:38 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Well...Actually.....

Hahah, the only reason I worry is because I track my car. If I blow my engin or tranny I don't want them telling me they won't cover it because of the tune. I'm not concerned with them "catching me" while its in for service. If I need a new 20k engin because I blew it up, and they see my roll bar and racking seats they might want to look further into engin mods and or computer stuff to get out of having to pay for my engin. I wouldn't be so concerned if I didn't track my car.
Well...Actually..... Like I said.... You can FORGET WORRYING ABOUT YOUR TUNE VOIDING A WARRANTY...

What you can't ignore is the fact that when you blow your engine, GM can (and has already) voided people's warranties

because your black box and your ONSTAR module will record the GPS location of your vehicle and other "operating"

parameters and they, BY GPS..... WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHICH TRACK YOU WERE AT WHEN THE ENGINE STOPPED RUNNING

and how HOT it got or how LOW your oil pressure was....

SO.....Like I said.... You can FORGET WORRYING ABOUT YOUR TUNE VOIDING A WARRANTY...

TUNE IT...AND ENJOY IT..... Stop worrying.
Chuck CoW
Old 03-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Socalconstruction1
Burning Brakes

Well...Actually..... Like I said.... You can FORGET WORRYING ABOUT YOUR TUNE VOIDING A WARRANTY...

What you can't ignore is the fact that when you blow your engine, GM can (and has already) voided people's warranties

because your black box and your ONSTAR module will record the GPS location of your vehicle and other "operating"

parameters and they, BY GPS..... WILL KNOW EXACTLY WHICH TRACK YOU WERE AT WHEN THE ENGINE STOPPED RUNNING

and how HOT it got or how LOW your oil pressure was....

SO.....Like I said.... You can FORGET WORRYING ABOUT YOUR TUNE VOIDING A WARRANTY...

TUNE IT...AND ENJOY IT..... Stop worrying.
Chuck CoW

Well that being said, I've already told them I track the car, they are the ones who swap out my break pads, tires and oil each time I take it out. They assured me that tracking the car won't void my warranty. As long as I don't modify the drivetrain and or computer.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:48 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default That are actually....

Well that being said, I've already told them I track the car, they are the ones who swap out my break pads, tires and oil each time I take it out. They assured me that tracking the car won't void my warranty. As long as I don't modify the drivetrain and or computer.
That are actually.....WAY MORE FLEXIBLE than people think....

Sad to say, that most people that WORRY about their warranty....Don't even drive the cars aggressively...

Why is it that the people that DON'T BEAT ON THEM...are the ones worried about the warranty in the first place.

Don't that tell ya something???
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 GS A6 paddle shift question.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:53 PM
McCarthy
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

GM virtually NEVER gives people problems with simple tunes and bolt ons.

Can I have that in a contract along with $75k in an escrow account for each instance, signed by you?
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by McCarthy
Can I have that in a contract along with $75k in an escrow account for each instance, signed by you?
Chuck is just making a statement based on the many tunes that he has already done , you have to believe that more than one of them needed to go in for warranty work and I am sure it would have been all over these forums if any were denied claims based on the fact that they had tunes .

Just my opinion but I have never saw a post where are warranty claim was denied because of a tune

Dave
Chuck CoW (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 09:13 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default That's exactly my point....

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Chuck is just making a statement based on the many tunes that he has already done , you have to believe that more than one of them needed to go in for warranty work and I am sure it would have been all over these forums if any were denied claims based on the fact that they had tunes .

Just my opinion but I have never saw a post where are warranty claim was denied because of a tune

Dave
That's exactly my point.... and ANYONE can search this forum for evidence of such as well....

It NEVER happens and when it does, it's usually cause someone was a dumb-*** about it.

Dig around..... Out of the corvette production numbers from 97 to present..... I'll bet you'll struggle to find even a handful.

Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: 2011 GS A6 paddle shift question.