C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

larger LS7 injectors????

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 09:15 PM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Received 521 Likes on 394 Posts

Default larger LS7 injectors????

Im so confused after searching around for a few hours on injectors.

I had my(07 Z06) tuned today. Made 550/510, but ran into an airflow wall around 6300rpm due to running factory intake manifold and throttle body with Halltech 108, AHP P&P heads, BTR Stage 2 cam, and 1 7/8 headers. It was very obvious the car had more in it, but was being limited by airflow through the manifold and throttle body.

I ALSO was running ~92% IDC's and the tuner said if/when I decide to do a throttle body and manifold he would recommend injectors as he doesnt like running injectors at high IDC's, which I completely understand and am on board with.

So here I am. I DONT think I need to go real big on the injector. Beyond going to a manifold and big throttle body, that is likely all this car will ever see so throwing an 80lb injector on "for future proofing" is IMO dumb.

Some people recommend the LS9 injector, which IMO is most likely plenty of injector at 52lbs, but the discussion of the angled spray pattern has me questioning them. Some say its fine all the time, other say its ok at WOT, but the angled spray can cause issues at other times.

I see some people saying get the Siemens Deka 60lb injector, but I get confused when ACTUALLY looking for these exactly which injector I am looking for. I also see that they are rated at a lower fuel pressure than the Z06 runs, which is ok, but it makes them a higher flow than 60lbs when put in a Z06. To me this is probably to much injector at 60lbs and for sure to much when driven at Z06 fuel pressures.

Another option is modded "stock" injectors from some place like Fuel Injection Connection. I like their 60lb option. I dont know anything about this company, it just came up when searching.

And yet another option is Fuel Injector Clinic something like their 660cc. I dont think I need to step to something like an 850cc injector. Again, I dont know anything about this company, just came up when searching google.

I know a lot recommend Injector Dynamics, but I think thats more money than I am willing to spend when their are other options at about half the price. I think they put out a fantastic product, just not on my plate right now.

So of everything on the market, looking for something not really bigger than 60lbs, what are some of my better options?

Quick Reply: larger LS7 injectors????