C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 C6 Hard Shift 1-2

Old 04-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Ron R
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 C6 Hard Shift 1-2

2005 Vert with ~70k miles. I drove it from Florida to New Jersey (~1,100 miles), mostly going the speed limit I think my top speed was 90. Didn't overheat and basically performed flawlessly, no issues when stopping for gas.

When I got off the Interstate in NJ it was shifting HARD between 1-2. All other gears were fine. No check engine light. Checked the codes and the only thing there was an older hidden code about a misfire, which I cleared.

No mods to the vehicle or computer tunes.

The next day it ran and drove fine. About 3 days later I went for an hour drive, and it started doing it again toward the end, just hard in 1-2.

I left it at the office in NJ since I had to fly back to FL, but I'll have to deal with this when I get back up there next week. The torque tube was replaced a year ago and all new fluid was put in then. Haven't had time to check the fluid level yet, but haven't had any issues with it other than that and it's relatively low miles for its age and I've never been hard on it.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Ron R; 04-29-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:35 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron R
2005 Vert with ~70k miles. I drove it from Florida to New Jersey (~1,100 miles), mostly going the speed limit I think my top speed was 90. Didn't overheat and basically performed flawlessly, no issues when stopping for gas.

When I got off the Interstate in NJ it was shifting HARD between 1-2. All other gears were fine. No check engine light. Checked the codes and the only thing there was an older hidden code about a misfire, which I cleared.

No mods to the vehicle or computer tunes.

The next day it ran and drove fine. About 3 days later I went for an hour drive, and it started doing it again toward the end, just hard in 1-2.

I left it at the office in NJ since I had to fly back to FL, but I'll have to deal with this when I get back up there next week. The torque tube was replaced a year ago and all new fluid was put in then. Haven't had time to check the fluid level yet, but haven't had any issues with it other than that and it's relatively low miles for its age and I've never been hard on it.

Any ideas?
TCM transmission control module going bad.but that would be too easy.located in passenger front fender.it can cause that and will set a cel sooner than later.1-2 shift solenoid going south.even a throttle body can cause that symtom.Need a cel to set that will give you a clue.low on fluid

Last edited by irok; 04-29-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:24 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

It ain't broke imo so? don't fix it mine does it all day long not an issue.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 C6 Hard Shift 1-2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 C6 Hard Shift 1-2