C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle Runs Rough & Throws AHS/TCS Lights When Hooked To State Inspection Computer

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 12:27 PM
midnight02
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Runs Rough & Throws AHS/TCS Lights When Hooked To State Inspection Computer

So I'm trying to get a customers 2010 stock coupe to pass state inspection. I hooked up the computer into the DLC and when I start it the car idles real strange and then the Active Handling & Traction Control service lights and security came on. I tried it again with the same results but this time the CEL came on. I then started the car with nothing connected and it ran perfect but the CEL is still on, obviously. I hooked my scan tool to the car to try and read what the CEL is but the vehicle will not communicate with the scan tool. I've looked at the connector itself and the pins look good.

Has anyone else had any issue like this before?

Thanks

Last edited by midnight02; 05-05-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Gently press inward (towards the back of the connector) on each pin. Sometimes a pin will be loose in the socket, and simply push itself straight backward when you try to plug in the OBDII cable, thus not connecting to the cable.

Quick Reply: Vehicle Runs Rough & Throws AHS/TCS Lights When Hooked To State Inspection Computer