C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running Rich. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,182 Likes on 682 Posts

Default Running Rich. Ideas?

I noticed a while back that my average MPG had dropped a couple mpg (both in the city and highway). I don't recall it being a sudden drop. Air filter, plugs and wires are not the culprit. When I logged the car, I noticed my LTRIMs were running pretty consistently in the -8 to -10 range in both banks. I looked back at a log from when I last tuned the car (several years ago) and they were pretty spot on.

Car has LG headers with cats and a mild cam. It was tuned on a MAF only basis so unfortunately I can't switch to speed density and see if the LTRIMs return to normal and rule out a MAF problem. Mileage is a bit over 40k.

Could this be bad O2s on both sides? Any way to visually tell if they are bad? cats gone bad?

I'm looking for ideas on things to check.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Clean MAF, change O2 sensors, see what happens. Not unusual for FT's to change some. Different weather, different fuel blends, etc.

Last edited by schpenxel; 05-26-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Running Rich. Ideas?