C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up an LS7 with solid roller cam, keep the cam or swap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 12:18 AM
V3tt3l
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up an LS7 with solid roller cam, keep the cam or swap?

Hi all,

I'm posting this for a friend, so the info I have is limited at best. Please forgive my ignorance...

He picked up an LS7 with "forged internals, solid roller cam, and heads". The heads have Katech engraved on the side of them, but I don't know which set they are.

The motor is to be used in a road race car. Should we keep the cam and just educate ourselves on the upkeep, or swap it for a more conventional LG G7XX series? (I'm suggest the G7X1 because it's a road race car, not a drag or dyno queen). What would be required to swap back to a hydraulic cam?

Thanks for any input
Old 06-18-2016, 10:14 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

I only use solid roller on all my na builds the only thing about it is valve lash and that is so easy to do solid is the very best cam/lifter combo with the new low lash system is now better than ever.

Contrary to popular believe lash checks only needed every 10 k miles or more.

Let me know if you need help on how to valve lash I'll be happy to help best regards David.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:02 PM
V3tt3l
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xBoostx
I only use solid roller on all my na builds the only thing about it is valve lash and that is so easy to do solid is the very best cam/lifter combo with the new low lash system is now better than ever.

Contrary to popular believe lash checks only needed every 10 k miles or more.

Let me know if you need help on how to valve lash I'll be happy to help best regards David.
That's great to hear! I'd happily take you up on that offer!

Get notified of new replies

To Picked up an LS7 with solid roller cam, keep the cam or swap?

Quick Reply: Picked up an LS7 with solid roller cam, keep the cam or swap?