C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check electrical system message after engine miss

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 11:49 PM
larrybee
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default check electrical system message after engine miss

washed the car - took off and about a 1/8 mile down - had a miss. check electrical system message come up. think some water got into my airaid filter and created the miss. disconnected battery for 5 to 10 min. to clear computer. car seems to be running good now - but the message still there. how can i clear the check electrical system message?? thanks.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:04 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by larrybee
washed the car - took off and about a 1/8 mile down - had a miss. check electrical system message come up. think some water got into my airaid filter and created the miss. disconnected battery for 5 to 10 min. to clear computer. car seems to be running good now - but the message still there. how can i clear the check electrical system message?? thanks.
Disconnecting the battery before retrieving the trouble codes is like throwing out a registered letter without opening it.

You can buy a basic OBD2 code reader for less than the price of a tank of gas. That will let you read and clear most trouble codes. Now's the perfect time to get one.
The following users liked this post:
larrybee (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 06:37 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Dash light should shut off after a few restarts once problem goes away , code will remain in memory..WW

Last edited by WW7; 06-27-2016 at 06:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
larrybee (06-27-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Z51LS3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by torquetube
Disconnecting the battery before retrieving the trouble codes is like throwing out a registered letter without opening it.

You can buy a basic OBD2 code reader for less than the price of a tank of gas. That will let you read and clear most trouble codes. Now's the perfect time to get one.
The cheap reader didn't pull any codes for my check electrical message (used the one at carquest).
Might be a dealer visit if my new o2 harness doesn't fix my message.

Get notified of new replies

To check electrical system message after engine miss

Quick Reply: check electrical system message after engine miss