C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with driver window

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Mike Vogler
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issues with driver window

Today I was getting ready to get in my 2010 Z06 and the key fob would not open the driver door. It would open the passenger door so I eventually reached over and pulled the lever on the side of the seat. Now the window continues to go up and down until I push the lock button on the key fob. I unhooked the positive cable on the battery and seized the windows....same thing window going up and down (seizing contious) Help
Old 07-09-2016, 08:08 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

There's a good chance the outside switch pad is just dirty/corroded inside. It's a common problem.

Check in here for 2 videos on the fix (or they're pretty inexpensive if you just want to replace):

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...or-handle.html
Old 07-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Mike Vogler
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
There's a good chance the outside switch pad is just dirty/corroded inside. It's a common problem.

Check in here for 2 videos on the fix (or they're pretty inexpensive if you just want to replace):

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...or-handle.html
Thank you I will try it
Old 07-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Vogler
Today I was getting ready to get in my 2010 Z06 and the key fob would not open the driver door. It would open the passenger door so I eventually reached over and pulled the lever on the side of the seat. Now the window continues to go up and down until I push the lock button on the key fob. I unhooked the positive cable on the battery and seized the windows....same thing window going up and down (seizing contious) Help
Hi Mike,

I regret to hear you’re currently experiencing some concerns with your window, and I understand that you’re seeking the advice of the other forum members. However, if you do decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer to get formally diagnosed, I’d be more than willing to offer you additional assistance. Please don’t hesitate to send us a private message if this would be of interest to you, or if you have any questions in the meantime!

All the best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To Issues with driver window

Quick Reply: Issues with driver window