C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate control module

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 01:41 PM
bcc101
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Climate control module

I am about to replace the climate control module on my 2008.
I did find a pretty good tutorial from Utah Corvettes thank should guide me well.
The question I have - and the answer is probably obvious - do I disconnect the battery?
I understand if I do to open windows first.
Once reconnected are there any problems other than reindexing the windows?
Thanks
Bruce
Old 07-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,015 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Yes on disconnecting the battery first.

The rest you have covered.

As for replacing, what is the problem and have you thought about just pulling the board to check for a cold solder joint that may be the problem alone, before you buy a new unit?

Myself, new unit is reserved for when the button diagrams wear off, since the new stick on diagram stickers are less than ideal isntead.

Last edited by Dano523; 07-18-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:27 PM
bcc101
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
Yes on disconnecting the battery first.

The rest you have covered.

As for replacing, what is the problem and have you thought about just pulling the board to check for a cold solder joint that may be the problem alone, before you buy a new unit?

Myself, new unit is reserved for when the button diagrams wear off, since the new stick on diagram stickers are less than ideal isntead.
I was able to pull things apart without too much trouble. I did inquire for a while about places to get the original checked but did not have any luck.
If a repair facility shows up I will get it done and save it for the future.

I am not sure if the tunnel heat contributes to the problem but it does get pretty warm.
While everything is apart I wonder if it would be any good to insulate the top of the tunnel .
Thanks
Bruce
Old 07-19-2016, 02:22 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,015 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Heat was not the problem, it was as cold solder joint and just the vibration of the car.

If you list your location, should be one of us close to you that is handy with a soldering iron to just pull the board and fix the cold solder joint problem isntead.

Get notified of new replies

To Climate control module

Quick Reply: Climate control module