C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Experience with Evans Cooling

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:15 PM
cwylie
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Great Experience with Evans Cooling

So I dont know if this is the correct place to post this but I wanted to give Evans props.

I purchased a car with an Evans pump on it a few months ago and it started leaking some. I reached out to Evans on a Friday about it leaking to see if they could rebuild it. Being impatient I took it apart over the weekend to see if I could replace the seal myself. In the process I found a small casting flaw in the impeller. Evans reached out to me on Monday saying they could rebuild it and to send it back to them. Let them know I took it apart and found the flaw and sent them pictures. They responded with it was one of their very first models and even though I had taken it apart to please send it back anyways and they would see what I could do.

About a week after they got it back I got an email from Dave stating they would be happy to rebuild the pump for me and update it to their most current version for significantly less than a new pump. They used my housing, machined it down for the shorter updated pulley, put in new bearings, seals and a new updated impeller and back plate. I got it back a few days ago in the mail and I am impressed. Its great to see a company stand behind their product far. They could have very easily told me I took it apart too bad, I wasn't the original owner or it was outside of the warranty just buy a new one.

They have a great product and stand behind it. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a higher flowing pump for their engine.

Last edited by cwylie; 07-27-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:21 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

looks nice... I can see why you decided to keep it instead of
Shipping it to me after you posted it for sale and I paid for it.
Thank you for the refund and enjoy
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,892 Likes on 2,564 Posts

My only deal with it is using it in a hot lap drag race situation is worthless.....
I believe the product works.....but you could not convince me to change for a number of reasons....like failing equipment on the road for one.

Jebby

Get notified of new replies

To Great Experience with Evans Cooling

Quick Reply: Great Experience with Evans Cooling