C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LGM C6 A6 header fitment

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 04:27 PM
lawson1603
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default LGM C6 A6 header fitment

Looking to some help with fitment on my LGM 1 7/8 header exhaust C6 A6 corvette. I am in contact with Anthony from LGM but also looking to see what you guy are doing with the same exhaust system. Any advice or pictures of your installed kit would be great.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:18 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

What is your question , your install looks exactly like mine ???

Dave
Old 08-18-2016, 11:47 PM
lawson1603
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dcasole
What is your question , your install looks exactly like mine ???

Dave
One if that's how everyone was running theirs, maybe its the OCD but the rear hanger position drive me nuts they should be the same position as the hangers, when taken hard left turns the header vib. on the firewall.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:19 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by lawson1603
One if that's how everyone was running theirs, maybe its the OCD but the rear hanger position drive me nuts they should be the same position as the hangers, when taken hard left turns the header vib. on the firewall.
The rear hanger is fine , that is the way it is supposed to be

As far as the firewall, I did not have any clearance issues at all

They come close to the heat shields but they never touch , can you bend the heat shield? ,

Dave
Old 08-23-2016, 10:59 PM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

My 1 7/8" super pros wouldn't bolt up until I trimmed the pinch weld on the frame for the passenger side. Other than that looks just like mine did. Been on the car for 2 years now. If yours are the super pros too check the brake line on the drivers side. Mine was pinched on the frame.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:27 PM
lawson1603
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6David
My 1 7/8" super pros wouldn't bolt up until I trimmed the pinch weld on the frame for the passenger side. Other than that looks just like mine did. Been on the car for 2 years now. If yours are the super pros too check the brake line on the drivers side. Mine was pinched on the frame.
Thanks I'll look at that, had to take the complete system off again due to leaks and the passenger pipe separating were it meets the xpipe. Going to clean all the joints and prob weld them up but for the header/muffler pipe. After doing a little more research wish I would have went with the tsp kit, not only for the money difference but looks like better system.

Get notified of new replies

To LGM C6 A6 header fitment

Quick Reply: LGM C6 A6 header fitment