C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Speed07
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Traction Control Issue

I tried searching for this first... when I press the traction control button, the dash light turns on and the DIC says "Traction Control - Off". When I press it again, the light turns off and the DIC says "Traction Control - On". 2 quick presses only cycles thru Off and On. I don't see "Competitve Driving Mode". Holding the button down doesn't appear to do anything.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,017 Likes on 2,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed07
I tried searching for this first... when I press the traction control button, the dash light turns on and the DIC says "Traction Control - Off". When I press it again, the light turns off and the DIC says "Traction Control - On". 2 quick presses only cycles thru Off and On. I don't see "Competitve Driving Mode". Holding the button down doesn't appear to do anything.
Scan the car for trouble codes. If you don't have a scanner, most auto parts stores will use their scanner for free to pull codes.

Hence with trouble codes, it will lock you out of comp and all off modes.

Last edited by Dano523; 09-24-2016 at 05:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Speed07 (09-24-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 05:29 PM
Mavrick1
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hold the button down for about 5 seconds.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Speed07
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
Scan the car for trouble codes. If you don't have a scanner, most auto parts stores will use their scanner for free to pull codes.

Hence with trouble codes, it will lock you out of comp and all off modes.
Thanks for the info. I noticed my left rear tire reads 0 PSI on the DIC. The tires are non run flats at 30PSI. Could a bad tpms sensor cause my issue?
Old 09-24-2016, 09:27 PM
ttx350z
Drifting

Received 213 Likes on 177 Posts

Thanks for the info. I noticed my left rear tire reads 0 PSI on the DIC. The tires are non run flats at 30PSI. Could a bad tpms sensor cause my issue?
Yep. 0 PSI and it wont let you use comp mode or everything off. The TPMS could just need to be woken up by driving around a bit if the car has been sitting for awhile or battery disconnected etc.
The following users liked this post:
Speed07 (09-24-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Traction Control Issue

Quick Reply: Traction Control Issue