C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Pass side window -

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 08:46 PM
UmX
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 06 Pass side window -

So my window motor took a dump. So i removed the window and all that jazz. But the lil mounts that go on the window came off. Not sure if they stick on to the inside of the window or the outside of the window.. And what is the best option to ahear them to the window.?

http://imgur.com/a/djeAZ

Last edited by UmX; 09-25-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:41 AM
vigman
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just did my 07 pass side glass... the rubber needs to stay on the clamps,not on the glass.
The rubber SHOULD be glued to the clamp surface grabbing the glass on both sides.
This allows adjustment fwd & back so you can line up the glass to the depressions from the old glass position in the weather strip (s). Make sure you index your window glass when the job is complete.Otherwise the glass will not do the drop down when you open the door.
Mike

Last edited by vigman; 09-26-2016 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:28 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by vigman
I just did my 07 pass side glass... the rubber needs to stay on the clamps,not on the glass.
The rubber SHOULD be glued to the clamp surface grabbing the glass on both sides.
This allows adjustment fwd & back so you can line up the glass to the depressions from the old glass position in the weather strip (s). Make sure you index your window glass when the job is complete.Otherwise the glass will not do the drop down when you open the door.
Mike
i kinda get what ur saying.. i may have to pull the driver side panel off so i can see how that one is first hand.. im better with seeing =/

Get notified of new replies

To 06 Pass side window -

Quick Reply: 06 Pass side window -