C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sat Nav / Hands free / stereo / CD

Old 09-26-2016, 03:46 PM
autocolor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sat Nav / Hands free / stereo / CD

Looking to rip out the original head unit on my 2008 vert, currently has the satellite set up which in the UK I have converted to an aux input but its all a bit messy and the Sat Nav in Europe is pretty hopeless, so time for a change/upgrade.
Looking to put in a unit with Euro Sat Nav / Hands Free phone option / Bluetooth / UK compatible radio / CD?
I am sure you guys over the pond have done this many times, so just after a bit of advice as to a good unit to go for and any pitfalls to be aware of, connections etc. Hope to keep the current Bose speaker set up.

Thanks

Mike.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Iceman007
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I installed the isimple Bluetooth kit instead of changing out nav, and man its great! Actually have a double din Pioneer I was going to install from one of my old trucks but decided not to mess with that as I heard you might lose some of the HUD features not sure if that's true or not.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:38 PM
autocolor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already have a link up for the phone via the onstar satellite as that is no good in the UK I have installed a harness which gives me an AUX port which the hands free works through plus it will play my music from the phone.
Unfortunately the radio stations dont synchronise well in the UK (the C6 is US spec) plus the sat nav is very unreliable and out of date, difficult to get an up to date nav disc plus they are expensive, so hence the decision to do it properly with a new head unit.
There are several guys over here that have made the switch with a variety of makes, the most popular seems to be "Pumpkin" unit and with the correct harness keeps all my features like steering wheel controls and bose speakers, but I was interested to see how you guys over the pond tackle this issue.
Thanks for the response
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Sat Nav / Hands free / stereo / CD

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sat Nav / Hands free / stereo / CD