C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Controller for NPP Exhaust Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM
f360m
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Controller for NPP Exhaust Flaps

I got my car several months ago and have been seeing topics about remote controllers for the NPP exhaust flaps. The basic setup that the car uses for this is pretty simple ... the car is merely opening or closing an solenoid valve to apply / release vacuum to the exhaust flaps.

When searching through forum topics, there is lot of info about pulling the Exhaust Module fuse or getting a remote control device to manage the exhaust flapper valves. And I see there is lots of info on installing a manual switch (which is, of course, the easiest option). I did not want to wire in a switch, so decided to install my own remote control switching relay to open and close the exhaust valves. I happened to have a Logisys switch that I was using for some computer applications and applied that device to control the exhaust flaps.

I thought I would share with you all that this is all doable for less than $20. Everything available from eBay or Amazon. A couple of crimp connectors can be acquired from an electronic supply store.

So, here are the simple instructions:

Marerials:
  • Logisys RM01 remote switch ($15)
  • Mini ATM Fuse Tap ($3)
  • 0.110 Male Spade disconnect crimp-on connector ($0.25)
  • Ring terminal crimp-on connector ($0.25)
Instructions:
  • Wiring is very straight forward. See attached.
    • Splice red wire on Logisys (+12V in) to fuse tap wire
    • Attach the two black ground wires on Logisys to a ring terminal
    • Crimp on the 0.110 spade connector on the white Logisys wire (+12V out)
  • Remove fuse from EXH MDL location and install in upper position of fuse tap
  • Remove fuse from HTD SEAT / WPR RLY location and install in lower position of fuse tap
  • Install fuse tap with fuses in the HTD SEAT position. See attached.
  • Install male spade connector with the white Logisys wire (+12V out) in left-side of the EXH MDL fuse location.
  • Attach ground wire from Logisys switch to vehicle ground
This works pretty cool. Saves a few bucks compared to the remote control devices that are available for the C6. Of course, it does require that you put a bit of time into it.
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,636 Posts

•Logisys RM01 remote switch ($15)

This is the same controller that is used in the NPP in a BOX Solution that controls a vacuum switch .....

Dave

Quick Reply: Remote Controller for NPP Exhaust Flaps