C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock ZO6 exhaust vs Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 09:09 PM
weykool
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock ZO6 exhaust vs Headers

I am contemplating long tube headers and a different X pipe for my 2006 ZO6. I have Akrapovic axle back that has a nice tone to it and a mild to wild remote. This was so loud in the car you couldn't carry on a conversation. I have sound deadened the back half of the car and it is great now. My question is this. Will headers make things too loud again inside the car. How much different will it be with just headers and the same ZO6 X pipe and or how much different with high flow cats? At this point I am thinking I may just stay with the ZO6 exhaust. Opinions.....please
Old 10-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Headers will definitely make your system louder. I always do headers on my Corvettes personally because I love the sound of them. I'm running Texas Speed long tubes with factory Z06 with a NPP in a box exhaust controller. I some guys run the Corsa x pipe as an option to gain some ponies but retain some factory emissions.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Racin Jason
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The factory exhaust with headers sounds better than most aftermarket exhaust setups (imo)
Old 10-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Turbokraft
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have headers, cats and factory mufflers, very quiet. Even with the fuse removed it is not objectionable but does drone a little at low rpm. I am a mechanic and drive a lot of different cars, no louder than most 6.0 powered SUVs.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:12 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Both of these are blower cars so they are going to be a little louder and the video is with the exhaust open but it might help give you a better idea.

I found this one online looking so I don't know mods on this one.

Personally I didn't think the car sounded to loud inside when the mufflers were closed for long trips. Yes it is a slightly different tone and volume than with the stock manifolds on there but still was ok for me to drive.

Get notified of new replies

To Stock ZO6 exhaust vs Headers

Quick Reply: Stock ZO6 exhaust vs Headers