C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corsa sport axle back install question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 09:16 PM
dadzoid
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corsa sport axle back install question

So I broke down and bought a corsa sport axle back exhaust for my 2006 c6 automatic. I am going to install it myself. (part of the fun of owning the car) My question is do I really need to cut tailpipe 3-4” after H-pipe joint as the instructions indicate. If so what does this accomplish. Any other tips for this install would be helpful.
Thanks for your help
Old 10-22-2016, 01:05 AM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

You may have to trim the forward connection to the x extended area for best fit the trick is to not cut short and place the tips horizontally in line and same length.

before you cut make sure the end result will place the mufflers and pipe bends with enough clearance to avoid rattle and knocking.

The last bend before going down to the muffler on the side of the transmission is hard to see the clearance to the transmission is easy to over look and a source of unseen knocking.

Before final tightening of all connections move all pipes side to side make sure they can't reach to touch anything.

Did you get the 2.5 or the 3 inch? take your time and have fun, patience and technique can be your best helper.

Be sure to use 4 /3 tons jack stands all the way up for best results and don't forget safety first for you and every one else involve.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:11 AM
dadzoid
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Xboostx
I bought the 2.5 inch pipe (for base c6) and have a quick jack to lift car. So as I understand you I need to cut the pipe. I guess I will need to get a pipe cutter then. I was not looking forward to cutting the pipe.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Take it down to a muffler shop and have them make a clean cut.

Easy for them and you still get to do the hard work.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:48 AM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

A hand grinder or a shop saw makes quick work of cutting the stainless tubing only cut if you have to and after you know how much.

Get notified of new replies

To corsa sport axle back install question

Quick Reply: corsa sport axle back install question