C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 z06 car would not start

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 09:16 AM
The Trock
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 z06 car would not start

I have been having some issues with charging? I can be running for 30 minutes or two hours and charging is 14.0 and if I turn the car off. And then need to restart immediately the cranking seems to be very labored, like it does not have enough power to start and then will start. A mechanic told me it was in the tune, the cranking can be changed.
I purchased a new battery last year and battery was on Battery Tender the night before.. Yesterday, I was sitting for 20 minutes running and then went to a new location another 20 minutes turned the car off after parking and wanted to move the Vette to another spot and could not get the car started. Had to manually start by backing up in reverse and letting the clutch out. It did start and then the christmas tree lite up. ABS, Track control, need to service soon.

last night, recharged and the lights were out and car started perfectly this morning. However, I noticed yesterday I could not open the deck lid inside with the door button. This morning everything works fine.

2013 had Cam, heads (12/1 compression)), exhaust, intake changed to 660 to the crank. Could the starter have an issue with the cam (.070 lift) and compression after 3 years of starting.

Any thoughts?

The Trock
g_trocki@msn.com

Last edited by The Trock; 11-27-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:08 PM
Medicdiver
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

My thoughts are a bad cell in the battery. It would allow the charging voltage while running to be 14volts, but would drop immediately with in 15 minutes or so to 9-10volts. The lights all came on and set low voltage codes due to the dead battery. Get the battery tested.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:52 AM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Common problem with the starter, starts fine cold but once warm it cranks slow.

New started, not rebuilt, and or get a high torque starter.

It is also partially in tune and it may have to much advance for starting.

Mine does the same thing, you should also notice your tach stops working when it goes south. Stop the motor and restart and when it catches you wont get messages.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:54 AM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Now the 13 had rod bearing issues which mimics this starter issue, once warm the rods swell and drags the motor increasing amperage and mimicking the exact same condition.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:46 AM
KM177122
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by outhouse
Now the 13 had rod bearing issues which mimics this starter issue, once warm the rods swell and drags the motor increasing amperage and mimicking the exact same condition.
Really? Wow, you would of thought that GM would have had the LS7 perfected by '13 LOL.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 z06 car would not start

Quick Reply: C6 z06 car would not start