C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 c6 with ls3 hheads/intake swap question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 09:10 PM
Pyromaniak001
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 c6 with ls3 hheads/intake swap question

For those of you that have done the swap, particularly on an 05 c6 (half moon cam sprocket/ 24k reluctor) which MAP sensor are you running?
The ls3 sensor obviously is the one that fits the manifold without modifying, but then you have to modify your harness. Which route did you go and why?
I've had my car at a shop for over a month to fix this issue after I did h/c/i myself and recently pulled it because they're making no headway figuring out how to get it running properly and frankly, I'm tired of waiting. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2016, 11:50 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

I suppose no boost in this program just use you original map sensor, is just a sensor it just has to be there to do it's work, you can use a robber hose with clamps and connect it to a vacuum hose connection it will work just fine till you can figure a better way, what's wrong with those guys imagination lol. It maybe rig but will work just fine.

Bottom line it will only read vacuum that's all is going to find in there be sure it doesn't leak.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:26 AM
Pyromaniak001
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're correct, no boost. Just a n/a motor with a head cam and intake swap. What leads me to believe it's the MAP sensor is that's the only electrical item that's changed. Aside from the tune and a new oil pressure sensor. It's frustrating. If I knew remotely how to tune, I'd feel comfortable tackling it myself lol

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 c6 with ls3 hheads/intake swap question

Quick Reply: 2005 c6 with ls3 hheads/intake swap question