C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 GS Front Ride Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 06:50 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default 2012 GS Front Ride Height Adjustment

Can the front ride height be adjusted upward on a 2012 Grand Sport without changing suspension components? After mods (ECS Centri kit, trans cooler, etc.) the added weight has caused the car to sit just a bit lower so that something ahead of the front wheels (air dam, SC intake piping etc,) is tripping the staging beams at the track before the wheels roll in. Thanks in advance.

BIGMAC
Old 11-30-2016, 07:23 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Just screw out the height adjusters on the end of the front spring some more to gain back the ride height you've lost from the additional weight on the nose. You don't need to change any components since you're just putting the ride height back into the range it was at from the factory. I had to do the same thing after adding the blower on my GS.
BTW: I also lowered the ride height on the rear slightly to help level the car, which also helps to raise the nose of the car slightly.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
Can the front ride height be adjusted upward on a 2012 Grand Sport without changing suspension components? After mods (ECS Centri kit, trans cooler, etc.) the added weight has caused the car to sit just a bit lower so that something ahead of the front wheels (air dam, SC intake piping etc,) is tripping the staging beams at the track before the wheels roll in. Thanks in advance.

BIGMAC
Easy answer as noted above.

I find this to be an odd question considering the level of work already performed on the car.

Who ever did the install of the blower should know this.

Did you do the work yourself?

If not knowing the height prior to the mods I would have a alignment done after.

The adjusting of the trim bolts will affect alignment.

Last edited by Boomer111; 11-30-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:20 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Easy answer as noted above.

I find this to be an odd question considering the level of work already performed on the car.

Who ever did the install of the blower should know this.

Did you do the work yourself?

If not knowing the height prior to the mods I would have a alignment done after.

The adjusting of the trim bolts will affect alignment.
Mods were done by the now defunct Florida Speed and Power from Bradenton, Fl.. With the shop now out of business, I am scrambling to shakedown the recently completed but never track tested build on my own and with the help of a different local shop.

BIGMAC
Old 12-01-2016, 11:02 AM
ksurfer2
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mods were done by the now defunct Florida Speed and Power from Bradenton, Fl.. With the shop now out of business, I am scrambling to shakedown the recently completed but never track tested build on my own and with the help of a different local shop.

BIGMAC
Same mods were done to my car by FSP and I have exactly the same problem that you do....even the tripping of the staging beams!

Last edited by ksurfer2; 12-01-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:51 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by ksurfer2
Same mods were done to my car by FSP and I have exactly the same problem that you do....even the tripping of the staging beams!
Just curious...do you also have these problems...I was only able to made two runs on a new build...

1. Shift points screwed up...car up against the 7,000 RPM limiter from the launch thru the traps...

2. On run #3 blew up the "built" A6.

BIGMAC

ps... where do you take your car now with FSP gone?
Old 12-01-2016, 12:42 PM
ksurfer2
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just curious...do you also have these problems...I was only able to made two runs on a new build...

1. Shift points screwed up...car up against the 7,000 RPM limiter from the launch thru the traps...

2. On run #3 blew up the "built" A6.

BIGMAC

ps... where do you take your car now with FSP gone?
Check your PM's

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 GS Front Ride Height Adjustment

Quick Reply: 2012 GS Front Ride Height Adjustment