C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single brake light not flashing when using turn signal / hazards / or locking car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Spiderxkx
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Single brake light not flashing when using turn signal / hazards / or locking car

Issue is my outer most driver side brake light isn't working properly. I noticed today when using my left side turn signal, that it was blinking twice as fast. The front DRL lights up and so does the inside driver side brake light. The outside light is the one that doesn't light up when pressing on the brake pedal, turn signal, or even hazards.

It does however light up when I have my headlights turned on, it just won't light up further when doing the actions I mentioned above. I replaced the bulb with a new one, then switched it to another bulb I knew was working. Same issue continues.

I'm a little stumped on what to do or look for to fix this issue. I tried looking for another thread but couldn't find the exact cause either.

Vehicle is a 2007 Base model coupe. I would greatly appreciate the help guys.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:33 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

A good place to check is the main connector for the lights located inside the rear fascia. It has been a common problem, especially in humid areas, where it just corrodes and disrupts the connections.

Thanks to **** Jockey for this pic of the connector:

This is the connector sitting on the post of the rear grounding point. Not sure why the pic is rotated counter-clock-wise.

Thanks to RRIXX for these pics:

Old 11-30-2016, 09:36 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Ooops, forgot to mention that you access this thing by removing the passenger side tail lights, one or both, but some have said removing both gives a little more maneuverability. Be careful with the tiny screws, only one at the top of each light, and the only slight friction fit screw retainers. Be very careful, if something falls into the void of the fascia, it's gone until the fascia is removed.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:41 PM
Spiderxkx
Instructor

Thank you so much for this information , and even the addition of the pictures. I'll definitely check this out tomorrow and hope for the best. I'll post tomorrow whether this was the cause or not .
Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Spiderxkx
Instructor

It was the connection. Unplugged it and cleaned it, and now the tail light works as before. I figured I'd give an update to what fixed it for me.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:35 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
Ooops, forgot to mention that you access this thing by removing the passenger side tail lights, one or both, but some have said removing both gives a little more maneuverability. Be careful with the tiny screws, only one at the top of each light, and the only slight friction fit screw retainers. Be very careful, if something falls into the void of the fascia, it's gone until the fascia is removed.
Dropped one of mine and stuck a magnet down there and got it.

Thanks for all your useful info on the Forum Rick..
Old 12-06-2016, 10:30 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
Dropped one of mine and stuck a magnet down there and got it.

Thanks for all your useful info on the Forum Rick..
Great, tell me I'm wrong then slide me a compliment. You must be a politician.

Seriously, thank you for the kind word.

Get notified of new replies

To Single brake light not flashing when using turn signal / hazards / or locking car

Quick Reply: Single brake light not flashing when using turn signal / hazards / or locking car