C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow revving ls7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Zo6Sel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow revving ls7?

so I had an ls7 built with heads and cam and forged pistons and thrown in my c5z. I'm happy with the power I just thought it would be a little more snappy when I revved it up. I'm pretty sure they used the flywheel from my stock ls6 so could this cause a slower rev or am I way off?
Old 01-20-2017, 08:46 AM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

Would not be from a factory ls6 flywheel. Could be in the tune if its unresponsive. An ls7 should be very responsive to throttle inputs.

Does it feel less responsive than your ls6?
Old 01-20-2017, 12:29 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Your tune must be jacked, if its not jerking your head in the seat giving you tunnel vision, something is wrong
Old 01-21-2017, 02:28 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

If you have the standard drive-by-wire servo motor throttle, I have found that generally it is far less responsive to revving in neutral than a mechanical (cable) throttle. This is controlled by the programming of the PCM as the gas pedal is really just a variable resistor that asks the computer to move the servo motor that turns the throttle blade. Really nothing to worry about as it doesn't affect WOT when you are driving the car. My '74 Trans Am has a far more responsive gas pedal than the Vette, but it won't keep up when being driven.

Get notified of new replies

To Slow revving ls7?

Quick Reply: Slow revving ls7?