C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for HPDE track prep shop in FL

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 12:43 AM
ShiftLess
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Looking for HPDE track prep shop in FL

Just purchased an '08 Base Coupe with AT and want to HPDE prep it. Is there a shop around Fort Myers? I use a wheelchair and will install hand controls. I need better seats, harnesses and bar, additional cooling for trans and oil, and performance brake pads. The plan is to do some pro instruction schools and then club HPDE events...further suspension and brakes and??? will hopefully follow logically as skills progress.

Right now just looking to get some help getting started and hopefully not overheat or grenade anything.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:21 AM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

might get a response in the "events and regional" section
Old 01-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Nelson765
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftLess
Just purchased an '08 Base Coupe with AT and want to HPDE prep it. Is there a shop around Fort Myers? I use a wheelchair and will install hand controls. I need better seats, harnesses and bar, additional cooling for trans and oil, and performance brake pads. The plan is to do some pro instruction schools and then club HPDE events...further suspension and brakes and??? will hopefully follow logically as skills progress.

Right now just looking to get some help getting started and hopefully not overheat or grenade anything.

Call the guys at Fasterprom, they are in Largo, just a little North, I never used then but they have a great reputation. The main guy is one of the best rated tuner in the state. I am sure they can help you and their prices are very reasonable. Good luck with the project.

The following users liked this post:
snow (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 11:14 AM
ShiftLess
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 09:42 PM
zrracer
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

forget fasterproms. You need someplace that has track experience. Got to be shops by you that can help out. I would start with breaking system. Get some cooling to it. Track pads and rotors if needed. Don't forget hi temp fluid. Stainless jumpers to be safe.Do some events and get your learning curve up. The car and your experience will tell you what's next. Probably an alignment. First of many.
I would do roll bar and seats and harness at the same time. Stay away from track tires as long as you can. They don't talk back to you like street tires.
You probably will have oil temp problems before water temp issues. You can always do waterwetter and distilled water to help keep cool. Even an on switch for fans. You just want the car to keep up with you as you learn. over prep you.
Have fun. It's a long process.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Ask a moderator to move your thread to the Autocrossing and Roadracing forum. There are a few very helpful members in Florida that can probably point you in the right direction. Richard Newton is an author/track junkie and lives in Naples so I would start by contacting him. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...44-rfn026.html)

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for HPDE track prep shop in FL

Quick Reply: Looking for HPDE track prep shop in FL