C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to Upgrade my c6 ls3

Old 01-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Nelson765
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
I bought my Diablo for 180 , Diablo Lew tune cost 150 ,unlimited Re tunes ...

ECS is about the same price on the tune , not sure how much their interface is

A dyno tune in my area is 800.00 and you have to pay for future tunes ... for headers TCM tune and CAI a mail order tune is fine for me ...

If you do headers...most come with a new x pipe so don't let that stop you

Dave
With ECS you mail your pcm, with a form from their website where you specifics of your car, engine, mods, etc. They do their magic and ship it back the same day. Nothing for you to buy. The $149 include the shipping back to you. I haven't use yet, them so I can't vouch or recommend but for basic mods, like the CAI and headers it should be adequate. Doug seems to be one of the most knowledgeable tuners and contributes in this forum all the time. He has great reviews from a lot of members here.

The stock X pipes are 2.5", the set with most headers are 3".
Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelson765
The stock X pipes are 2.5", the set with most headers are 3".
almost every manufacturer Hinson , LG , ARH etc all offer an x pipe that starts out as 3 inch pipe that necks down to 2 1/2 ........I have a set of LG Super Pros on my car ......

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 01-21-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Doug does get rave reviews but can't offer remote tune for those of us who have A6 transmissions, he even recommends using a Diablo for this ...

Dave
Old 01-26-2017, 01:45 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Nelson765
Here is a good place to start, filled with tons of great information. Good luck.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-for-ls3.html

After all that information and a lot more research, I decided to go with the CAI, headers/X pipes and tune to start and in a few months I'm planning on getting a cam. Each of those are in that budget but separately. There are several ways to stretch the budget by doing some of the mods yourself or by selecting different options, for example; catted vs. off-road are about $300 difference. The CAI varies in price also between $300 to $500. Labor on these installs can be very expensive, so anything that you can do yourself will save you a lot of money. Every mod in this category will need a tune. Tunes prices can vary also from $150 (mail order) to $600 (Dyno).

There is another cool mod that a lot of people are getting and swear by it. A throttle controller mod. The most popular been the Cow Booster and the Vitesse. Tons of info in this forum. These don't add any power but make the throttle more responsive and a lot more fun. Both are priced similarly (around $200). They both have pros and cons so do your own research and assessment.

Good luck.
The CoW BOOSTER! and the tune that work with it best is ours.

Give us a ring any time to try ot out.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 01-26-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to Upgrade my c6 ls3