C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Zone Climate Control - 2005 C6

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 09:29 AM
shanko
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Zone Climate Control - 2005 C6

I purchased a 2005 Coupe and the climate control seems to have a mind of its own. Looking for advice. Here are the symptoms:
1.) In auto mode, no matter what the temp. outside the unit kicks on the AC and goes to full fan.
2.) In Manual mode with the AC off, I can raise the fan speed with the up button and the display shows the bars increasing. When I lower the fan speed, the fan stays on high but the display shows the bars lowering. Only way to get the fan back down is to shut off the car and restart.
3.) Only way to get heat is to set the temp to about 85, no matter how low the outside temp is.
4.) The Vent control shows the vent position changing but I only get air from the dash vents and the windshield vents, even if I have the floor vents selected.

While all the features appear to show on the display correctly the unit does not follow the commands. Could this be a sensor problem? or am I looking at the Climate Control Module having an issue. Will be tearing the dash apart to replace the HUD next month and while apart would like to eliminate anything else under the dash. Any help/suggestions, would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:39 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

These fail regularly replace the module
The following users liked this post:
shanko (01-24-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 06:38 PM
fourth vette
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

On my C5, I would unhook battery, wait 10 minutes, rehook battery and all would be fine again.
The following users liked this post:
shanko (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 10:10 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

The module do fail from bad soldered joints on the control board.
It may be as simple as that, but it could also be failed temp control actuators, etc.

Try recalibrating the HVAC Module Actuators:
RE-CALIBRATING ACTUATORS
1. Turn OFF the ignition.
2. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC control module.
3. Wait 60 seconds.
4. Install the fuse.
IMPORTANT: The module memory will not clear if the battery positive voltage circuit fuse is installed in less than 60 seconds.

The other component that may fail is the Inside Air Temperature Sensor. It has a small motor in it to help circulate the air for temperature measurement.

I sent you a Private message.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 01-25-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added a few updates-Pic of HVAC fuses

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Zone Climate Control - 2005 C6

Quick Reply: Dual Zone Climate Control - 2005 C6